Wheels & Tires Discuss rims and tires here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dick cepek

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 07:20 PM
thebeast1
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dick cepek

i have dick cepek mud countrys what would the best psi to run in them i do alot of highway driving to hunting spots/gf etc. and im not sure what to run to fit my needs? thanks

Old 01-16-2010, 09:54 PM
NorcalReaper
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont quote me, I am by no means an "expert" but I would say run it towards the max psi for the tires...lower PSI is usually used for mudd'n, snow, traction, 4x4, and higher is more solid road use...you SHOULD however see atleast alittle better MPG with a fully inflated tire. Look on the sidewall of the tire for its max psi and keep in mind when the tires get hot the air inside will expand and when its cold the air with deflate, so personally I would go with between 2-5 psi off the max.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:52 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I have the Cepek FCIIs in 35x12.5x17 and the max tire pressure listed on the sidewall is 50 lbs. I routinely run them at 40 for general purpose use and will occasionally air them down when I am hunting or fishing and I know it's gonna be sloppy.
As a rule of thumb, I find that running a tire at about 80% of its maximum pressure good for general, on road use giving good wear and handling characteristics...

Last edited by HammerZ71; 01-16-2010 at 10:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Dick cepek