Wheels & Tires Discuss rims and tires here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

19.5" vs 20"?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 01:34 PM
NICE_N_EEEZ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 19.5" vs 20"?

Hello Dodge guys_n_gals,

My (Second Gen.) '02 Dodge 2500 ram swb - 2wd truck needs some new wheels due that the factory ones are a bit hard to ballance these days with over 110K on them.
My truck also needs new rotors!

Been reading about those 19.5" Ricksons with Michelin xde+2 tires on alot of sites, including sites that offer them USED,....however NONE say anything about the CONS of driving on the much stiffer commercial tires.

I'm aiming more or less at how much stress will those 19.5 Ricksons add to your vehicle?
And what about early wear on bushings, bearings, steeringcolumn, brakes and gearbox with such a heavy wheel?
Do those Heavy Duty Commercial tires on such a little light truck even have GRIP on wet and dry pavement?
Or are you bouncing all over the place?

Or (seeing that I only haul maybe once or twice a year) is it perhaps a better option to go for a couple light weight / forged 20"s with good All Season PARADA Spec-X Yokohama's instead?

Also,.....seeing that I kind of want bigger wheels (to fill the big wheel wells) Bigger 19.5" or 20" wheels need (imho) bigger brakes right, with 16"-18" rotors?
Does anyone have a good tip on bigger aftermarket brake kits ie: bigger rotors/calipers?
SSCB?/BREMBO?/?

Any advice on any of these questions will be greatly appreciated!

Quick Reply: 19.5" vs 20"?