Wheels & Tires Discuss rims and tires here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

falken wild peak A/T

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 09:16 PM
khuenefeldt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default falken wild peak A/T

Just wanted to pass on a good review since the Wild Peaks A/T are somewhat a new entry A/T tire. Just put 275/60r20's on my old 06 4x4 Ram and I really like them. They are a little more aggressive than an All Season tire, but they seem to have some bite, and they are quiet. The tread is gapped about like a Nitto Terra Grappler. I haven't had them in the mud yet, but they look like they will clean out well. Discounttire has a set of (4) tires for around $830..no tax, and no shipping. Overall i'm happy with them.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:51 AM
PRF66
Rookie
Default I agree!

Suffering from a "Brain Freeze" one day I decided that I needed only three new Wranglers, as there was one new one hanging under the truck. I kept the 1/2 used old wrangler as a spare. I had a pp match with Goodyear dealer in my area as the truck got a case of the vibrations after install. I got results from the fine people at Goodyear Inc. corporate offices. I found those very same Falkens after the hassle and those Falkens are rated on 1 to 5 scale as being a 5 in every catagory, 5 being the best. The price on those tires seems to be fair too. Well, next time or if I nail it on I 95 through Connecticut in the slow lane up to 120 mph and the Cops throw out the puncture strips to stop me. Then I will get a set too. Regards, Michael

Old 11-10-2012, 11:40 AM
BurntTimber

Old thread but just wanted to add to this, just ordered a set of Falken Rocky Mountain ATS 275/60-20 (Discount Tire's cheaper rebranded Wild Peak) and had them shipped to Montana and mounted locally here in Calgary. Thought I'd give an initial rating on what I can:

Look: Though not as aggressive looking as the BFG A/T KO or Wrangler Duratrac, they're definitely a better looking tire than the Goodyear Silentarmors I had on before. To be honest I kind of like the cleaner look on the 20" OEM Chrome rims on this truck. Decent print to the sidewall and great looking tread.

Noise: They're fairly new and only minimal highway so far but no road noise of concern yet.

Ice/Snow Traction: We got over a foot of snow over the last day or so and these tires had zero problems in the snow, constantly grabbed. No issues with stopping on ice, great handling in the corners.

If they wear as well as most of the research I've read, it'll be hard to find a better tire for the price point (only $832 shipped).

Quick Reply: falken wild peak A/T