Wheels & Tires Discuss rims and tires here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM Wheel weights for Dodge Journey and Grand Caravan

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 10:03 PM
ReDeepRT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM Wheel weights for Dodge Journey and Grand Caravan

I have been looking online for the weight of the OEM 19" Wheels found on the Dodge Journey. I drive a GC R/T that I love and there is basically nothing in terms of performance aftermarket. The wheels and tires I can do something about. I am partial to the 19" wheels found on that Journey R/T from the 2010+ era that I have seen. The ones commonly painted black or a grey color. I do not like chrome.

I was wondering about the weight difference between my stock 2015 17" wheels and the 19" wheels on the Journey R/T that I referred to above.
Weight with the OEM tires would be great too, if anyone knows it.

If I have to go aftermarket, I would only go lighter (17" to 19") than what I have if it's possible. I see very few options out there. The lightest wheels I see on offer from TireRack is still around 22 pounds.

Old 12-22-2017, 04:29 PM
ReDeepRT

I spoke to Dodge parts center and they said Dodge Journey 19" weigh 28 lb. 17" GC R/T wheels weigh 23 lbs.

The Chevy Cruze Eco forged 17" wheels weigh 17.8 lbs with a +45 offset. GC R/T offset is +40. I am looking into getting a set of CCE 17" rebored to fit the 5x127 bolt pattern on the GC R/T. If it's possible to do it for less than 100 dollars a wheel, it would be much cheaper than other forged wheels.

Old 01-01-2018, 09:26 PM
ReDeepRT

I've talked to a few wheel repair shops and they have turned down my rebore proposal. If anyone else out there knows of a sub 20 lbs forged wheel for the 2011+ grand caravan or journey I would be grateful.

Quick Reply: OEM Wheel weights for Dodge Journey and Grand Caravan