Wheels & Tires Discuss rims and tires here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for advice on tire/wheel size...

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 11:37 PM
Acrylicophobia
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for advice on tire/wheel size...

Ok, the basic story is that I used to have a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Qab 4x4, with the 20 inch wheels. Tire size was 275/60-20. I traded it in, but I've missed it terribly since trading, and this past week I bought a 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 (not the same, obviously, but something I could afford). It currently has 315/75-16 (16x12?) with bald tires.

In the hopes of making this truck a little more like my old truck, I want to put the same height and footprint tires on it. I bought a set of the factory chrome wheels (auction #280165100665 on ebay). After I had already won this auction, I decided that instead of going with this truck's factory size wheels and tires, I wanted to go with the tire height/footprint of the 04 Ram.

That said, a) Could I get a tire for the factory chrome wheels that was the same height as & close footprint to the 2004 20 inchers (33 inches by my calculations), b) Would I be better getting a 33 inch tire for the current wheels, or c) Does anyone make a cheap steel rim that has a fairly affordable tire size, while still getting a 33 x 10 tire?

My original idea was to trade/sell the current wheels (Haven't figured out the model, but they have American Racing center caps) for a set of wheels and tires, but at the moment I don't know what to do.

Old 11-03-2007, 02:12 PM
Acrylicophobia
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Looking for advice on tire/wheel size...

I guess I figured this out myself. With the stock 16x7 wheels, I can run 285/75-16 tires. Took me a while to figure out how to make the search function not always come back with no results.

Quick Reply: Looking for advice on tire/wheel size...