Wheels & Tires Discuss rims and tires here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

17" x 7" ADR Battle EXE Rims

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 05:18 PM
bgm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 17" x 7" ADR Battle EXE Rims

Hi. i have a 1997 dodge avenger sport with 4 wheel disc brakes, and i was looking into upgrading to the above mentioned rims, now my only question is this; will the rims fit with no issues on the hubs? it's a universal 4/5 bolt pattern with 5x100/5x114.3 with a offset of 40, as far as that goes from what i understand it will fit, but will they fit on all four of my car's hubs. sorry if something like this has been covered here or elsewhere, but i have not been able to locate it. any help would be much appreciated

Old 08-07-2006, 06:14 PM
Ben@tirerack
Professional
Default RE: 17" x 7" ADR Battle EXE Rims

The bolt pattern is fine, the offset sounds OK, although sometimes the brake clearance doesn't work out right because of a particular spoke design. As far as fitting the hubs, your hubs are 67.07mm diameter. So you need a wheel with about a 67.01mm bore, or a larger diameter bore with a centering ring to bring it down to the proper diameter. If it has a larger bore and no centering ring, it will fit on the car, but you must tighten the lugs with the wheel still in the air to try to keep it centered, and you will still often experience vibration due to the wheel being ever so slightly off-center.

Old 08-12-2006, 05:36 PM
bgm

thank's ben, just one last question, i spoke with the guy about the rims, he says the diameter of the ADR wheels is 73.1 mm so if i get a hub spacer with an inner diameter of 67.1mm and an outer of 73.1mm should the wheel just pop on no problem? and also just a quick question, what size tires came stock on a 1997 dodge avenger sport, i know it was a 17 inch tire.

Old 08-14-2006, 10:56 PM
Ben@tirerack
Professional

215/50-17 on the avenger. The hubcentric ring should take care of it no problem. Just make sure it's a snug fit with the hub and with the wheel centerbore.

Quick Reply: 17" x 7" ADR Battle EXE Rims