1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Thoughts on misalignment

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 10:04 PM
marcar1993
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thoughts on misalignment

My truck goes the right if you let go of the wheel while rolling. Also, to go straight, the steering wheel is slightly to the right. What do you think could cause this? Normal alignment or a bigger issue? I know it could be anything and without seeing it no one can say for sure, but perhaps there's a common issue or weak spot that I could be made aware of?

Thanks.

Old 10-01-2011, 11:26 PM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

For the "tracking" issue (drifts right after driving straight and letting go of the steering wheel), yes, I'd say it's an alignment issue.

For the steering wheel being off center (having to hold it slightly right to go straight; even if say, you let go of the wheel and it were to stay straight), they can (should) fix that during the alignment. Make sure to tell them the steering wheel is off-center though.
(I actually just got an alignment on my Toyota. It tracks straight when you let go of the steering wheel, but the wheel is slightly to the right to go straight. Just don't have the time to have them re-fix it.)

Quick Reply: Thoughts on misalignment