1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

fender liners ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 03:08 PM
dakotakid17
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fender liners ?

Do they make the inner fender liner on the 1st gen Dakotas plastic and not steel was just wondering?

Old 10-23-2016, 04:30 PM
tbugden
All Star
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm sorry I don't know if I understand your question. You are looking for a replacement plastic piece for the OEM section or you're looking for a full plastic liner that replaces the steel? I'm guessing you mean the first, and if so that'll be an easy find at a junkyard.

I'm looking for the metal liner piece which is a hell of a lot harder to find in not rusted condition.

Old 10-23-2016, 10:13 PM
ragged89
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tbugden
I'm sorry I don't know if I understand your question. You are looking for a replacement plastic piece for the OEM section or you're looking for a full plastic liner that replaces the steel? I'm guessing you mean the first, and if so that'll be an easy find at a junkyard.

I'm looking for the metal liner piece which is a hell of a lot harder to find in not rusted condition.
tbug, you could clean up a set of rusted ones and put epoxy resin and glass over 'em. Just a thought.