1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

fender interchange?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 06:01 PM
volaredon
Record Breaker
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts
Default fender interchange?

I think I know the answer to this but I gotta ask before I buy these that I saw at the local junkyard yesterday.
Among the 87-96s, fenders are all interchangeable, right?

I have a 96 that needs a pair of fenders,, and the local pic n pull has several square body Dakotas, but strangely this 87 is just screaming at me, the fenders on it are perfect. I want them before they become junkyard casualties/ you know, smashed by the loaders or by setting another next to/removing a truck next to, etc.... and these almost even match color, too...
I can get Chinese reproductions rather cheap but I do not trust them... thinner metal, they never seem to *quite* match right, different alloy of sheet metal, etc. I would rather have nice, solid, used OEM ones/ than to have new, China-made ones.

one thing about the 87 is that it doesn't have the black fender lip moldings like all the newer ones do,,, nothing there to trap moisture.
I may leave them off if I get these fenders and pull the ones off the back, too in order to preserve the bed as it is one of the straightest and cleanest I have seen in a very long time. so can I use fenders off of an 87 to go onto my 96?

Old 01-15-2017, 07:19 PM
robertmee
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As far as I know they are...the fenders on my 95 are the same as my 90. The core support, bumper and hood change in 91 but the fenders stayed the same.

Old 01-15-2017, 08:49 PM
volaredon
Record Breaker
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts

Great, thanks.