1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Selling my durango

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 02:33 PM
Steven.Wilp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling my durango

I recently rearended someone in my 2000 dodge durango SLT. The only engine damage is it needs a new radiator. The rest of the damage is cosmetic, but I am looking for a new vehicle so I am just trying to sell this instead of fixing it. Everything else on the vehicle works great, it is 3rd row, and looks very sharp, except where i wrecked of course. If interested, please email me at big_steve_21atyahoo.com . I have more pictures of damage and also the enterior and exterior. Thank you very much.

Attached Thumbnails Selling my durango-wreck2.jpg   Selling my durango-wreck3.jpg   Selling my durango-wreck4.jpg  

Last edited by shrpshtr325; 05-30-2011 at 04:37 PM. Reason: email/phone number not good to post on open forum
Old 05-30-2011, 02:50 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker

I'm so fed up with this post that I am going to keep it short and sweet with what it needs. First off with those pictures, it needs more than just cosmetic work and a radiator. To me, it looks like it needs a radiator, A/C condensor, and trans cooler if equipped with it. Not to mention if it was ran hot there could be much more than meets the eye.

As far as cosmetics, it needs both top and bottom piece of front bumper, a new headlight, at least the driver side fender, a new hood/grill, and more than likely there's a bend in the frame.

Old 05-30-2011, 04:38 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

i second what widow said, i wouldnt buy a truck with that kind of damage unless i was looking for specific parts that were good, and i wouldnt pay very much for it.

Old 05-30-2011, 05:52 PM
ryan_brown33
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

agree with both you guys. i wouldnt pay **** for that cause it needs alot of parts and alot of work to get it back to proper running condition and cosmetically up to par. and like widow said there could be a frame bend in there somewhere which just makes bigger problems. you would probably be better off parting it out just my opinion

Old 05-30-2011, 06:36 PM
Steven.Wilp

Ok I do not know much at all about vehicles, how much do you think is a realistic number for me to sell this, I would like to sell it so someone could part it out, because I have no idea how to do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Old 05-30-2011, 08:36 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker

That depends which engine it has, whether it is 2WD or 4WD, how much mileage is on it, and the shape of everything else in it (valves, throttle body, rear-end, transmission, etc.).

Let's say it has 120,000 miles on it and is completely loaded with everything that was offered, is 4WD with the 5.9 motor, Kelley Blue Book says it's worth $5,775 in Fair condition, so I'd say I highly doubt it is completely decked out with everything, so I'd offer you $1,500! Just my worth...

Old 05-30-2011, 08:44 PM
Steven.Wilp

it's a 4.7 and it's 4 wheel drive and has 140k miles on it. everything else in it works and looks great, just where the damage is in the front, I would be more then happy to sell it to you if you're interested or might maybe know somebody?

Quick Reply: Selling my durango