1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Replacement Speaker

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 10:39 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Replacement Speaker

What do you guys think of this possible OEM amp replacement?

http://www.crutchfieldcanada.com/Son..._p/158xm4s.htm

This amp roughly measures 8 inches by 9 inches. Smallest and cleanest sounding 4 channel I came across. I have not looked at the OEM infinity amp to see how big it is but I must assume it should not be any smaller than 8x9? I like to find a good quality aftermarket amp replacement and can fit in the same location as the OEM amp.

Old 12-30-2007, 07:56 PM
72combo
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 03 Durango R/T and left a stereo shop, the guy there told me each speaker is amplified separately? I know both the front and the back separate tweeters. It sounds good. The guy told me without spending a fortune and replacing the head unit all thespeakers it would not be worth changing the speakers. He told me I could put a separate amp and sub just to boost the bass but then that would not be worth it

Old 12-30-2007, 08:12 PM
bigbaddurango
Professional

Dont no if anyone did the reserch or not didnt read all the post but infinity syestm is a 2 ohm and therfore you can not replace factory amp with other and infinity makes replacment 2 ohm speakers try crutchfield.com been down this road repared my stock ones they lasted about a month

Old 12-30-2007, 08:34 PM
72combo
Champion

I figured they were full of crap..........that is why I am enjoying my stock infinity system. Took a Grand Cherokee SRT8 with the BOSE system for ride...500 plus watts.......not impressed by the stereo considering there is a sub and several component speakers. Scared by the power of the engine......and the warranty.

Old 06-04-2014, 12:57 PM
akuser47
Rookie

got my stereo a cheap pioneer deh-x3600ui and speakers four of these DCX165.3 HERTZ brand and head unit replaced amazing difference love it next week I will have my y pipe and then the exhaust will be qiut again. Then I may put on a throaty7 muffler!

Old 06-30-2014, 10:14 AM
arcsja

When I bought my 99 5.2 SLT with the infinity system two years ago, all of the speakers were shot. Since money was tight, I replaced all 4 with really crappy (I cant even remember the brand) 2way 4ohm speakers just to get some sound. About a month ago, I replaced my rears with Infinity Cappa 2ways 6.5 inch (they came with adapters to go right into the factory spacers, and fit like a glove) Still with the stock head unit, I was getting much better sound, and was very, very happy with them..

Wife bought me a new head unit for fathers day, JVC KD-950BT and they really came alive! now I want to change out the fronts to match the rears, my question is do I really need to have component speakers for the front if the stock tweeters are gone? Can I get away with another set of the Cappa 2ways?

Also, do the OEM tweeters have a seperate wire from the amp,IIRC, the tweeters had their own clip behind the door, but like i said its been a couple of years since I've had the front doors apart. If I dd get a set of components, how would that get hooked up with the crossover?..

Sorry if any of those questions sound stupid lol

Quick Reply: Replacement Speaker