Alarm System went Off; Won't Start Now

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 04:31 PM
kaeden1100
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm System went Off; Won't Start Now

Hello Friends,

So I am new to this forum, however, I desperately need help. Here's the deal:

Last weekend I was messing around with my 2002 Durango. The driver's side rear door does not have a lock in it, so when you lock the doors, you are still able to open that one. After forgetting that the vehicle was locked, I went to open the door, which of course, set the alarm off. In panic, I ran to get the key, unlocked the front door, which didn't seem to reset the system, so at this point I had no idea what to do. I decided that to get the system to shut up, I would just pull the positive cable off the terminal on the battery. Looking back on this decision now, it was probably one of the worst I've made, but like I said, I did it out of panic. After pulling the cable, I waited about 2 minutes, and then re-attached the positive cable. When I re-attached it, I expected the alarm system to continue going off, however, it did not. Everything seemed to be normal, however, now when I enter the vehicle, the alarm does not go off, but the blinkers flash, the tachometer flashes, the radio flashes, and some other lights, as well as the fact that the engine will not start. I have been able to make the horn go off again in certain instances, however, I am now able to reset it by unlocking the driver door with the key. This being said, it still does not reset the system altogether. After the horn goes off, the lights still flash when a door opens, or the key is put in the ignition, but no horn. I am really confused at this point, and have no idea what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Alarm System went Off; Won't Start Now