1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

wiring trouble

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 08:10 PM
81powerram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring trouble

in desperate need of help with this wiring. the original owner butchered the wiring and i just want to get it running. i need to know what i can straight wire just to make it run. the whole ignition system is new. just need to know what to hook to. can i cut out this horrible fusible link and take my 2 main ignition feeds and go straight to the ballast. i have parts on order to make the HEI conversion but would like to use the molar performance system for now. any help is appreciated at this point.

Thanks,Martin

Attached Thumbnails wiring trouble-truckw2.jpg   wiring trouble-truckw3.jpg   wiring trouble-truckw.jpg  

Last edited by 81powerram; 03-29-2015 at 08:14 PM. Reason: left out information
Old 03-30-2015, 01:01 PM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

The ignition gets 12v from the key, It gets recused power during run that's where the resistor comes in. It gets full power during the crank position. Wire it correctly and don't get rid of the fuseable links. Getting an hei set up is no upgrade just a different configuration. If you want an improvement go with a MSD6A.

Old 03-30-2015, 05:35 PM
81powerram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you so much Moparite this is the exact information i was looking for. even tho i tired I'm defiantly going to work on my truck after work. also thanks for the heads up on the HEI. even tho i already ordered the parts ill go with the MSD6A go thing i only spent 56$ on the parts. once again thanks very much for the help its greatly appreciated. i owe you a few 6 packs.

thanks Martin

Quick Reply: wiring trouble