2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Fog Lights on 02 Dodge Dakota CC

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 01:08 PM
dalejrfan88
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog Lights on 02 Dodge Dakota CC

I need help please. I have a set of aftermarket driving/fog lights to put on my truck, it has the headlight switch for the driving lights and it also has the relay . But it is not wired for factory driving lights. How can I hook up my after
market lights to the factory switch? And where can I find a wiring diagram for my truck online also?

Thanks,
Donald

Old 07-08-2011, 02:13 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I will move this to the 2nd Generation Dakota sub-forum. There is the service manual you can download in that section.

Old 07-08-2011, 01:04 PM
laserman42

Donald

You need to do a few things to make the aftermarket fog lights work with the electronics of the 02 Dakota.

First you need a headlight switch that has the "pull for fog lights" option... $10 to $20 on ebay. The wire to the main light switch in your 02 already has the fog wire in it. The fog wire goes to the CTM (Central Timing Module) where it normally would pull a ground on the fog relay located under the hood in the power center (PDC).

This is where you MacGyver stuff.

The "fog control" works to the CTM but there is no output control wire in the harness and there is no fog relay.

I removed my CTM, opened it up and hardwired an external control wire to drive my relay. I installed a relay (got it from the wreckers N.C.) and then wired in the fog lights.

Works like a charm.

Where stuff is...
CTM is located to the left of your left foot behind the kick plate, 3 screws hold it in place. Once you open it up you need to solder onto C3 pin 8... I believe it is the smallest and lowest connector on the CTM. This pin puts a ground onto the relay. You need to find a 12V fused feed for the relay and another 12V fused feed for the fog lights.

BONUS!

I got a headlight switch with both the fog and cargo feature. Seems the cargo lamp is prewired. I went to the wreckers and bought a third brake light with the cargo lamps and it worked.

Hope this helps.

Peter

Old 07-08-2011, 01:06 PM
laserman42

So... I just re-read your post only to find you already have the switch and relay...

Basically ignore what I wrote before.

If you have all that stuff already installed chances are the wires for the fog lights are just hanging there with nothing hooked to them.

Hook up your lights and away you go.

Peter

Quick Reply: Fog Lights on 02 Dodge Dakota CC