2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

No audio from new stereo receiver.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 09:54 PM
GlobalVV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No audio from new stereo receiver.

Yeah, I'm new here.

Also I know little to nothing about stereo systems, so you may have to dumb down the explanations, or ask me to be more specific about something.

I bought a Pioneer deh-x26ui stereo to replace my factory stereo. I'm using a wiring harness, and an antenna adapter to install it. I triple checked the wires making sure they're connected to the correct wires with splice caps. The stereo will cut on but Im not hearing anything from my speakers. When I put my factory stereo back I am able to hear music from the speakers just fine. I don't have the infinity system in my truck. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 08-29-2014, 10:38 PM
01SilverCC
Record Breaker
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Welcome to the forum...

What year is your truck? Is it a base, Sport or SLT? How is the new Pioneer deck grounded? If you used the factory ground wire you might need to run a new ground wire down to one of the kick panels and ground it to clean bare metal under an existing bolt or nut. The factory grounds are not very good and can cause problems with a higher powered deck, especially with mosfet decks like Pioneer and JVC.

Jimmy

Old 08-29-2014, 11:35 PM
GlobalVV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2004, base. I was using the factory ground. I'll let you know how it goes.

Old 08-30-2014, 12:09 AM
01SilverCC
Record Breaker
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

If the new ground wire does not help then the next thing to check is the speaker wires for a short to ground. Use a digital volt meter set for continuity, unplug the Pioneer deck and test each speaker wire for continuity to ground. A grounded speaker wire will cause the deck to mute its outputs to avoid damaging the deck's internal amplifier. A speaker that is damaged or has a shorted voice coil will do the same thing so if there are no grounded speaker wires you will need to test each speaker's resistance with the meter to be sure they are all in good shape.

Jimmy

Quick Reply: No audio from new stereo receiver.