2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

Oil Light Flickering sometimes....

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 03:01 PM
Corwin613
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Light Flickering sometimes....

So on thursday I took my 2005 Durango in for an oil change and there was build up so they did an top engine cleaning and oil change. As I left the oil light started going crazy so I took it back and they had me get the oil sensor replaced but the light was still going off so I went back and they did a total engine cleaning. The light was still going off at idle when the RPMs hit under 800. They said to drive it for a bit and bring it back if it didn't stop.

So later that day I started it up to warm up before work and it seemed to be fine so I drove it to work. I warmed it up after work and drove it home and it was fine until I stopped to get the mail and it was going off again.

I decided to wait and see if it was a fluke so I did the same thing on Friday and all was fine until I pulled into my parking spot at home and it went off.

Anyone have any suggestions? I really hope this isn't an issue with the oil pump because I really don't have the money for how much that would probably cost me to get fixed... I have never had any issues with this vehicle since I bought it and its only at 90,400 miles (actual miles).

Old 03-12-2014, 01:25 AM
JoshSlash87
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If it flickers, try shutting the engine off and starting it again. My Parents 04 does that once in a while and I believe it could be a instrument panel issue as shutting it off and restarting the engine seems to cure the oil light.

Old 03-12-2014, 06:44 AM
Corwin613
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah that works for a while until i drive it again
Tuffy says i need the PCM reflashed while when i took it in to the dealership to get that done they said its the oil pump and charged me 50$ for less than 30 mins of work and for hooking a uncalibrated mechanical gauge to it

Quick Reply: Oil Light Flickering sometimes....