2nd Gen Intrepid 1998 through 2004 Intrepids

Power Steering Fluid Leak

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 03:19 PM
stick137
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Steering Fluid Leak

Hi,

I have a 2004 Dodge Intrepid with a 2.7L engine. My car is leaking power steering fluid. I looked under the car and it looks like it is coming from a small hose/pipe at what appears to be the front of the radiator. That seems like a weird place for it to be leaking, but thats what it appears to be. I have a link with a picture I took using my phone below. You can clearly see the fluid is running down the pipe/hose. Is that a low spot that the fluid runs to or is that indeed where it is leaking from? I turned the car on and it whined quite loudly. When I turn the wheel it begins to whine even louder. Do anyone have any idea why it is leaking from that location and what the problem may be. I would also like to know if anyone has any idea how much it will cost to fix this problem.

http://premium1.uploadit.org/stick137//car.jpg

Thanks

Last edited by stick137; 10-17-2009 at 06:25 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:02 AM
Genny69

My son is having the same issue. What was your conclusion of the problem?

Old 01-10-2010, 12:13 PM
deezozdodge
Professional

It's a pretty easy fix, but kind of tricky getting to the nut. The seal is either missing or deterorated. Replace the seal and retighten. Check the service manual. It will not cost much to buy and replace a seal. To get to the nut to unsrew it from that part is to approach the nut through the opennings of the grill with an open-end wrench. Have a container to catch fluid and rags. peace

Quick Reply: Power Steering Fluid Leak