2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

02 neon coolant leak?? help!! :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 12:35 PM
brandifayee
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 02 neon coolant leak?? help!! :)

my 2002 neon has a coolant leak i'm guessing haha...
when i pour coolant in it sprays out of the resevoir, and when i pour into the antifreeze compartment it leaks as well. this is causing my car to overheat and when it gets real hot it smokes after i stop the car.

can anyone tell me maybe if it is just a leak or if i need a new radiator or water pump or anything?
how much do you think this will cost?

thanks so much for the help, i'm an 18yr old girl who knows nothing about cars! haha.
-B

Old 03-09-2010, 03:37 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There's only one place to add coolant/antifreeze that I'm aware of. That big white container behind the engine. Where else are you adding it? Is there a little puddle of antifreeze on the ground where you park your car? Also, is the gasket on the bottom of your radiator cap completely there and in good shape? You should be checking all of this when the car has been parked for a bit so you don't get burned. Saying that just in case.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:44 AM
SnailNeon
Rookie

White smoke coming out of the exhaust?

Old 03-10-2010, 11:44 AM
AnthemBassMan
Veteran

-Also, have you been noticing any antifreeze spots on the ground where you car sits? If you do, out a big piece of cardboard under your car then slowly back it away the next morning. Put a mark in front of and behind both front tires so you can see where the leak marks are compared to where the car was sitting. One more thing. What do you mean that it sprays out of the reservoir?

L8R,
Matt

Quick Reply: 02 neon coolant leak?? help!! :)