2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

PO204 injector open circuit help?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 02:01 PM
daveyg
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PO204 injector open circuit help?

so my cel keeps popping on and every time I check it it says PO204 which is open circuit injector 4. My question is has anybody experienced this? Is there an easy fix? I tried tapping on it to see if it was just stuck but it didn't help. Should I clean the connector? Should I replace the injector? Should I just run some injector cleaner through the tank? Thanks for your help fellas.

Old 12-04-2010, 03:12 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

I would switch injectors to another cylinder and see if the code goes to that cylinder. If it stay on number 4 cylinder, then i would start checking for power and ground at the injector connector. Or use a node light.

Old 12-04-2010, 05:51 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just make sure you relieve the fuel pressure first, other than that, do that ^^^

Old 12-05-2010, 05:12 PM
daveyg
Amateur

Ok so how would I go about relieving the pressure? Just press on the little tire valve looking thing on the end of the fuel rail? Then pull the fuel rail and trade injectors around, reassemble and see if the CEL indicates cyl 3 instead of 4. If it does then that would mean I have a bad injector, and should replace, but if it still says cyl 4 then it is prob a wiring issue or short? Just trying to clarify as this is the first issue I have had with this car in 2 years and I don't wanna mess anything up. Lol.

Old 12-05-2010, 05:15 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I take the gas cap off and then fully depress the relief valve. Make sure you have a towel kind of wrapped around it too, because fuel will spray out everywhere if you don't.

The procedure you outlined is correct.

Old 12-10-2010, 11:38 PM
Moparkyle
All Star

I'm not sure if there is a fuse for the fuel pump or injectors or a relay. I've never played around with the fuel system on my car but disconnect that then run the car until the fuel is cleared from the rail.

Quick Reply: PO204 injector open circuit help?