2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Advice on parting out or keeping

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 11:51 AM
happygizmo11
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on parting out or keeping

Hey guys so I could use y'alls help please. I was recently hit by a guy who ran a stop sign. The insurance company declared my 2001 dodge neon r/t totaled even though it only broke the bumpers, fenders, and hood. The mechanics were not injured in the wreck, as far as I can tell. No damage to the radiator or anything. They offered me about 4300 for the car if they take it, or 3900 if I keep it.

-Do y'all think it is worth keeping it? I just replaced the timing belt on the engine, so I am thinking I can potentially just replace the bumpers and hood and fenders, get a rebuilt title and go on my merry little way and pocket the rest of the money for future repairs.

-I am also considering parting it out once I keep it, but that sounds like alot of work, do y'all have experience in selling an engine/transmission, like how much I could get, easiest way to do it etc?

- I am also wondering about how hard it would be to bend mounting spots for the body work back into place because I am sure they were bent, I can see some of the fender ones.

Thank you guys for your help, I really appreciate it.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:15 PM
TejasMtnBiker
Captain

if you don't mind spending the money see how badly out of spec or tweaked it is, sometimes it can be worse off then it looks until checked out by a reputable body shop that does this sort of work. If they don't have a frame machine in house go to another shop.

just my 2 cents from past experiances

Old 01-17-2013, 09:03 PM
arnonefrank13
Professional

id keep it... go to a salvage yard and get new body pannels n ****... and keep your check.

Quick Reply: Advice on parting out or keeping