2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

02 - 05 Dodge Neon SXT Body Kits

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 09:39 PM
nathanknsy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow 02 - 05 Dodge Neon SXT Body Kits

So to start off I have yet to find a forum to help with body kits on a 02-05 Dodge Neon SXT. Like step by Step you know? So Here are my Instructions on installing a custom front bumper. Let this be known that it doesn't matter if its the Vader, Evo, SRT, or any other this setup should work for them all.

To Start you will need a set of sockets, wrench, electric drill, drilling bits up to a half inch, patience, and a six pack.

Taking off the bumper is mostly just time. You'll have to take your splash guards off that are connected to fenders and bumper. you than have to take off the three nuts holding on the bumper to the fenders. There are three on each side. Of coarse take off any bolts that are holding in on to the main support holding your radiator. After you do this it should come off with ease.

Now here is what I did that made this work for me and I highly recommend you do this. Take off each front fender there should be a total of 8 bolts holding each one on. Three underneath near your door, one inside the wheel well towards the middle of the door, three on top along the sub-frame and two towards the headlight in the middle of sub-frame. Your fenders come off easily.

Now is the prep for the new bumper. I put white out on the built in bolts that are on the fenders and lined the fenders up to where the looked like they would be flush and smooth. NOTE: your using line of eye site, wont be perfect but should be close. After you believe that's where you want the fender set it down on the bumper lightly so the whiteout, paint or chalk sets three dots. Do the same for the other side.

Those six dots total are your drilling wholes. Use a electric drill with a 1/2 in bit and drill those wholes. Note: BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN DRILLING TAKE YOUR TIME, IF YOU DONT GO SLOW AND EASY YOU WILL CRACK AND BREAK YOUR NEW BUMPER.

Ok, now please no third degree here. I'm posting this for people that do not have money to put this in a shop and pay thousands to get it 100% perfect.

Your wondering why I had you drill 1/2 inch wholes right? Heres why, I found that if you don't and you go to put the bumper and fenders on later, that it can crack the bumper do to stress. The half inch gives the bumper room to play just enough to get it in place and lined up.

Now after the wholes are drilled and you put the fenders on and tighten them down on each side. I want you to tighten them all the way down and than take a half turn loose. After this have a friend, sibling, souse help you move the bumpers and fenders connected on to the car.

Now you can choose which side first doesn't matter, bolt the whole fender down, than the other side. The second side will be harder because the companys that make these kits, don't make them perfect. Just be slow and easy when moving the second fender in place.

NOTE:WHEN PUTTING THE SECOND ON IN PLACE PLEASE PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME. SLOW SMOOTH PUSHING TO LIGN THE WHOLES UP. LISTEN FOR CRACKING IF YOU HERE IT EASE UP GO SLOWER.

After both are on now drill out your wholes for the radiator support, the hood rubber support and any other wholes required.

After this take it off the same way to send it to paint or take your car to the paint shop.

One last note if you already have the bumper painted be really careful not to crack your paint it is really easy to do.

Now like I said this is what worked for me and thought it may help others to not go into debt for trying to get their car fixed or to look better.

I will post one forum for the rear bumper and the side skirts soon. If you have any questions just ask. Good luck.

Quick Reply: 02 - 05 Dodge Neon SXT Body Kits