2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Engine alignment issues, please help

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 06:24 PM
nathand22
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine alignment issues, please help

Hello everyone, after changing my timing belt, tensioner, and water pump I'm having trouble aligning my engine back in place. I've already placed the two upper bolts to the engine mounting plate, but cannot lower the engine enough to insert the bottom bolt. I can't lower the engine anymore because the front of the engine has angled upwards slightly and the mounting plate begins to rub against the middle motor mount and the ac pulley is starting to scrape the sidewall. Also, I can see from the position of the engine it is going to be difficult installing the engine mounts. I've tried placing the jack at various positions along the oil pan as well as along the structural collar to align the engine horizontal, but without success. Please help as my car has been sitting for days now

Old 12-11-2014, 11:46 PM
sbhawaiian
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I remember from my 2000 I lowered the engine to remove that bolt. I also noticed I was pulling on the a/c connection wire. I had to remove the upper and lower radiator hose and of course the upper and lower strut mounts (dog bones). One of the 2 upper bolts would not come out so I went under the wheel well and drilled a hole big enough to pull the bolt through. Did you remove the motor mount T55 bolt? I remember grabbing, turning, and tilting the engine while it was supported on a jack to get a good alignment. Don't forget the 119mm alignment on the upper strut mount to finish the job.

Quick Reply: Engine alignment issues, please help