2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Why does my car tremble?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 12:09 PM
nicolasl46
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why does my car tremble?

yeah, konig theory are sick! But details look better on a bigger rim, the only down is that i keept on losing the freaking center caps, untill i got a tread sealler. Now your profile says that you have 18"? did you make any mods? or just the rims with low profile tires? how is the ride, same or a lot harder? sorry about the questions, but i don't want to spend a lot of money, and get head aches after.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:15 PM
nicolasl46

ORIGINAL: djmagic

well i had to replace both and the replaced my brakes up front. Parents wanted it done right so they said i had to take it to dodge. It was and still technacilly their car.
dodge mechanics, don't know crap (at least the ones in queens) i was complaining about a taping noise, which most of us here with neons have the same problem with the lifters. And the guy goes like "i know what a lister noise or valve taping noise sounds like" i mean, i didn't ask him if he didn't or not! after that he says "I'M A DODGE CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN" the guy didn't know crap about anything!

Old 03-25-2008, 07:05 PM
djmagic
Record Breaker

yeah nicolas, it is a 35 series tire. No suspension mods and the rides it smooth but you can feel the big bumps. Back on topic, i checked the accordian thing just now and nothing.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:41 AM
nicolasl46

question, i already know that i have to replace the lower engine mount. Now could it be that i'm also having problems with the IAC? Is it possible to take it out and manually clean it? well i know how to take it out, would it do any good if i clean it? if it does, how should i clean it?

Old 04-23-2008, 03:52 PM
nicolasl46

ok, I bought those Prothane mount inserts, and i bought ne upper and lower engine mounts, but the inserts won't fit the engine mount! they seem to have the right shape, but the only way i see they would fit, is if the mounts were broken. Did anybody had to modify anything in order to use these?

Old 05-12-2008, 09:16 AM
nicolasl46

OK, i have installed new engine mounts on my car, with the Prothane inserts. And to tell you the truth, the car shakes even worst. the engine feels so thight, if you hit the gas while stepping on the brake, the engine even shakes the car a little, (like in the fast and the furious) but if you sit idle on a red light with the car on drive (gear) the steering column shakes like crazy, and the hole car vibrates. Did anybody had this probles with this prothane inserts? I'm planning in taking the mounts, and removing the inserts. Oh btw i have the racing (red) inserts. Please i would appreciate any help.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:10 AM
jasongkrantz

i know this post is old but yes the red inserts do not help and originally wont just fit into the oem mounts you have to mod them a lil at least i did it comes down to this if the mount was ment to be solid then there would not be a rubber insert with holes for engine play . the motor does need to move a little but if you are seeing significant movement while pushing the throttle or the rubber is cracked replace them and please dont waste your money on a mechanic this is a 60 dollar fix for top and bottm mount and lifetime warranty parts if you do it yourself glad to help

Old 04-05-2011, 06:43 PM
redsl
Rookie

which mounts did you repalce and how hard was it to replace. I am told other than the two motor strut mounts there are several other mounts under the car. . Please let me know where they are located and how hard it was to replace, I have the same problem with the idle going down when stopped thanks

Quick Reply: Why does my car tremble?