2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Radio signal strength

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 08:23 PM
J-Ham
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio signal strength

Anyone have any suggestions/experience in increasing the signal strength of FM radio stations? Ebay has some cheap radio antenna signal boosters. Anyone ever try these? My wife can pick up a certain radio station and I can pick it up under perfect conditions. But most of the time it has static. I did a quick search but found nothing related to this (maybe I suck at searching). My radio components are all stock from 2001.

Thanks.

Last edited by J-Ham; 11-23-2014 at 08:26 PM.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:58 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

In order for a signal booster to work, there has to be a signal to boost..... and even then, if its a crappy signal, all you get is an amplified crappy signal. Radio range depends on LOT on distance from source, and terrain between you and the source, and how good your antenna is.... Think I would start by dismounting the antenna, making sure everything is nice and clean there, and that it gets a good, solid ground to the body. Also clean the connector at the radio, see if that doesn't help some.

Old 11-23-2014, 10:19 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't forget to check the intermediate connector tucked up under the dash just inboard of the right-hand sail panel while you're in there. It's a quick check: Disconnect them, then when putting them back together twist the halves while engaging them. If that dramatically improves the signal strength, you can open them back up and clean the connections with crocus cloth or similar, or just disconnect and twist again every now and then.

Quick Reply: Radio signal strength