2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hesitation!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 08:30 PM
95dodgetrk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hesitation!

I have a few problems that I would like help solving. I am good at putting stuff on, but not so great at troubleshooting the problems. So I will greatly appreciate any help that you can give. My problem is sometimes my truck will have a hesitation when I try to accellerate, at other times it seems ok but not quite as strong as I would think it would be. I bought the truck off my brother who has had it for a very long time, so I am pretty sure that the o2 senser has never been changed, he changed the muffler about 3 years ago but not the cat. I havent did a pressure check on the fuel yet. If you guys have any recomendations I would greatly appreciate them! Thanks!

Old 01-08-2008, 08:46 PM
TheForce55555
All Star
Default RE: Hesitation!

tune it up, and even if it doesnt fix the problem theres no big loss because it probly needed done anyway. If it was a o2 then there should be a CEL. plugs, wires,cap,and rotor. and see what that does. also you should have apporoximately 43lbs fuel pressure if you hook a gauge up to it

Old 01-08-2008, 11:01 PM
WayneC
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A model year and engine size would help. If the tune up doesn't help, look into the Throttle Position Sensor. Also, pull the throttle body off and give it a good cleaning including the Idle Air Controller.
A Hayne's manual is really handy to have too.

Old 01-11-2008, 01:39 PM
95dodgetrk

Hey sorry about the lack of info. It is a 95 dodge ram with a 5.2 in it. I am going to do the tune up this weekend and see what happens. If that doesnt do any good i will look at the throttle body sensor. Thanks for the sugestions!

Quick Reply: Hesitation!