2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

SCT Tuner - WOW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 01:32 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SCT Tuner - WOW!!!

ORIGINAL: pipeking

01dodgeram360, i bet he's right,i dont think it will blow your truck up, but i think it has to be close to stock.hypertech is backed by most truck companys,so if you use it, it wont void worranty.so if somthing happens to your truck and you have a hypertech they could be liable to fix your truck;but only an idiot will only say totake off your headers, they dont make any power
He was probably referring to the fueling. If the programming doesn't fuel enough to support Heads, cam, headers, etc. then you will run lean. If you run lean at higher rpms, then, yes, you can blow the motor. I doubt it would actually blow the whole truck up though, lol. As far as the headers; I'm sure he knows that they make power, and was merely offering a suggestion aimed toward selling his product.

Old 03-30-2008, 03:46 PM
Blaydrnnnr
Professional

I was under the impression this was for more aggressive mods... if it can get me more from what little I have at the moment.. ( in my sig..) I'm all up for that..

Old 03-30-2008, 04:17 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Blaydrnnnr

I was under the impression this was for more aggressive mods... if it can get me more from what little I have at the moment.. ( in my sig..) I'm all up for that..
The SCT is for anything mild to wild. There are guys running boosted 408'swith 2 and 3 bar map sensors and 50 lb injectors and guys running them on stock engines. They will adjust your tune as you mod more. If you decide to go with boost, where all of the tables have to be re-written, then they charge you again.

Old 03-31-2008, 07:01 AM
HankL
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

it would be slick
if the SCT tunes could start adjusting
ignition timing on a cylinder by cylinder individual basis

there is probably several more hp to be found that way

Old 03-31-2008, 02:56 PM
ron333
Captain

I'm assuming this is the tuner you got.

http://www.sctflash.com/dcxTrucks.php

http://www.sctflash.com/
Sorry for the delayed reply, but yes, that's the one.

Old 04-25-2008, 04:55 PM
tj1320
Professional

I just sent an email to hemifever@aol.com since I had no luck contacting Marty via phone or website email. Hopefully Sean will respond soon but it seems like I picked a pretty crazy time to try to buy the tuning from them. Apparently they have been EXTREMELY busy lately. Oh well, I guess the mods will just have to wait for a little while.

BTW, I hear that the SCT tuner does data logging. If this is correct, does it mean that I can drive my truck WOT and part throttle and it will log the data from that to send to KRC for "tweaking"? That would be awesome since the nearest dyno is 360 miles round trip from me.

Old 04-25-2008, 05:39 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Sean told me that data logging is still a few weeks out. Hope they get it up and running soon.

Old 04-30-2008, 01:07 PM
tj1320
Professional

Sean emailed me back pretty quickly and now my SCT tuner is on its way. I can't wait until it gets here but I am a little bit bummed that he can't program for tire size changes. I bought the HPP3 mainly for that purpose so I'm hoping that my buddy at a dodge dealership can calibrate the speedometer for me once I get the SCT tuning. Sean was very helpful and he even talked me out of buying the M1 intake because of the insane torque loss at lower RPMs.

Old 04-30-2008, 01:33 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Get the tires changed at the dealer before the SCT changeout. And make sure you specify that you ONLy want the tire size changed. That way it'll be on the base stock computer flash.

I might be wrong about what the SCT does, but I remember it having to "read" info from the stock PCM program before it loaded the SCT tune. This might be a piece of data it culls from the stock program before it writes to the PCM.

Either way, you DO NOT want the dealership overwriting your SCT tune with a death flash.

Old 04-30-2008, 01:41 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think we should put Ron333 up for truck of the month next month. His truck is awesome.

Quick Reply: SCT Tuner - WOW!!!