2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

SCT Tuner - WOW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 10:09 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SCT Tuner - WOW!!!

Yea , i talk to hemi a few times , gave him my PCM # at first he didnt know then it was a go to get it , and yes 96 are ODB II , im just up in the air about it , My MP PCM we had a chat about that and they really dont want to mess with it , no biggie , then ill have 4 different tunes to go with..LOL.. But the sct will be down the road maybe a xmas prez to me..

Old 05-01-2008, 03:29 PM
tj1320
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: cdusthockey

ORIGINAL: tj1320

LOL @ you old farts. I'm 25.
no kidding, 21 here

but is there any updates on this SCT thing lately?
As far as I can tell, they have come a long way with various programing but they are unable to adjust for tire size changes and data logging is still not available.It is my understanding thatdata logging would be mainly for the guys without access to a dyno so that the data can be sent to KRC (or whoever) to tweak your tune.

Old 05-02-2008, 07:33 AM
ron333
Captain

I think we should put Ron333 up for truck of the month next month. His truck is awesome.
Thank you for the compliment Cereal Killer! That has just made my day.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:35 AM
Mowhawk
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: ron333

I think we should put Ron333 up for truck of the month next month. His truck is awesome.
Thank you for the compliment Cereal Killer! That has just made my day.
+1, Ron really has a sick looking truck. He should get a bonus vote for the all the SCT info.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:56 PM
tj1320
Professional

I tried to contact hemifever about this but he hasn't responded. Maybe you guys will know.

I have a Hypertech PP3 for my truck and my SCT tuner is on its way from KRC. I used to have a friend that worked at a Dodge dealership but he recently informed me that he is no longer with them and that he could not calibrate my speedometer for me. Since I can't get it calibrated with the SCT, can I use the HPP3?

I was planning on setting the HPP3 back to stock, then doing just the speedometer w/out the tuning, then putting the SCT tuning in. Would this work or would it cause some kind of problem? The truck was originally calibrated for245/75/16s and now it has 265/75/16s on it.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:54 AM
tj1320
Professional

TTT

Old 05-05-2008, 12:39 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker

I know that with the Superchips, when you return the pcm to stock it undoes any speedo callibrations that were done. I'm not sure if this is the case with the Hypertech. You could try it. If you can get the speedo correction to stick after returning the pcm to stock, it will not cause any problems. The speedo callibration information is not stored in the pcm. There is another computer on the bus located behind the dash that stores that information. I was kind of hoping that SCT would come out with a firmware update that would allow speedo callibration, but that might just be wishful thinking.

Old 05-05-2008, 02:28 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: mopowar

I was kind of hoping that SCT would come out with a firmware update that would allow speedo callibration, but that might just be wishful thinking.
I hope not, if Hypertech and Superchips can figure out how to do it thru OBD-II, SCT can sure as heck offer it for the $200 extra bones they charge for their unit. I'm not complaining about the extra price, but the features should be do-able. That being said, I'd take data logging over speedo calibration any day, depending on how robust the data logging is, of course. I can pay the dealer the $50 to adjust the speedo if need be.

I think if the HP tuners end up coming out for 2nd gens, then SCT might get a pop in the pants to offer some more functionality.

Old 05-05-2008, 02:48 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker

Data logging through the obd2 port still won't help with wot a/f ratio. This:

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...p;autoview=sku

is essentially this:

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/db.php

with a Summit sticker on it. You can installthe wideband in the bung where your existing narrowband o2 sensor is. It has a analog output that replicates a narrow band sensor that you hook to the pcm, and a rs232 output so that you can datalog a/f ratio. If you want to do a/f vs. rpm or map there is a seperate interface you have to buy, but it's not that bad price wise IIRC. The software is free to download and easy to use. You can also adjust the analog output so that you run richer or leaner at idle or cruise.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:03 PM
tj1320
Professional

I was just wondering because the HPP3 gave me the option of doing ONLY the speedometer calibration if I wanted to. Since the speedometer info isn't stored in the PCM itself, I would THINK that I could set the HPP3 back to stock, do just the speedometer with the HPP3, and THEN put in the SCT tuning. FWIW, Sean had no idea if this would work or not. He said that the SCT tuning would erase the HPP3 tuning but he didn't know if it would erase the speedometer calibration or not as well.

Quick Reply: SCT Tuner - WOW!!!