2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

CB Install Image

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 12:59 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is my dual 4ft firestik tune tips

You can see how it looks from the front with my sig pic

Last edited by pcfixerpro; 12-03-2008 at 01:03 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:23 PM
mjackson92rs
Professional

penn college of technology huh? do you know mike rafter by any chance?

Old 12-03-2008, 03:55 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Originally Posted by mjackson92rs
penn college of technology huh? do you know mike rafter by any chance?
Can't say I do. I did look him up on facebook and I guess he has an older yellow dodge, but I have never seen it in the parking lot.

Old 12-03-2008, 04:09 PM
TIMIDONE
All Star

Wow it is amazing how a simple post of a cb can make a thread go! My antenna is on driver side 4ft firestick...oh and btw get a real CB? Mine works just fine for hunting and getting pass the mountains. I am not a trucker and my lil cobra does its job just fine thank you very much.

Look at my sig to see my antenna location.

Old 12-03-2008, 04:43 PM
mjackson92rs
Professional

Yeah yeah the uniden's are just fine for the occasional user. BTW that yellow dodge is for sale. He actually graduated last semester I believe.

Old 12-03-2008, 04:47 PM
TIMIDONE
All Star
Unhappy

Yeah yeah the uniden's are just fine for the occasional user. BTW that yellow dodge is for sale. He actually graduated last semester I believe.
Yellow dodge? did I miss something?

Old 12-03-2008, 05:58 PM
mjackson92rs
Professional

Originally Posted by TIMIDONE
Yellow dodge? did I miss something?
Yeah just talking about a buddy of mine's truck. Back to topic.

Old 12-03-2008, 06:17 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

He actually graduated last semester I believe.
Yeah thats probably why then. I didn't bring my truck up last year because of how much my insurance jumped from being where I live now, then going to the city. This year I said the heck with it and brought it up. Haha, alright back to the topic now

Old 12-03-2008, 06:21 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pcfixerpro
I have the Uniden PC78Elite cb. My both of my buddys have the same cobra you guys got. I wanted to be different ... actually they wanted to be different. I got mine first lol. The other one on top of mine is a uniden scanner.
I meant I had mine mounted the same way not that I had the same radio. Sorry for the confusion. I'm not sure which Cobra that is as I'm not great looking at pictures of them and telling which is which. I had a Cobra 29 with the nightwatch or whatever before this current radio and I hated that thing. Seemed like it didn't hardly reach far at all and I couldn't hardly understand anyone when they were talking on it. A lot of guys recommended the Cobra 29's to me. After I got it and said I couldn't hardly understand anyone I then had several guys tell me the internal speaker sucks and to use an external one. I didn't want to do that and kind of wanted some other things it didn't have. So I think I ended up selling it and losing $10 or $20 on it not much considering I bought it new. Anyway, after selling it I got a Superstar 121 radio and I love this thing. Soo much better it's not funny. I knew I'd like it as I have a few buddies that run the same radio.

Also like said about the "real radio" mine is real enough to do everything I need it to do. Can I talk to people 10 states over? No. Do I need to? Again no. For the little and I mean little I use it it does great. It's not often that the one in the truck gets used.

I'm not dissing your radio as I know it's a ton better than mine but honestly I don't need to have a radio that nice and expensive for what little I use it.

I do have a modified Midland hand held that gets way way more use. Also has an adapter that I can use to plug it up in my truck to the truck antenna but I've never done that.

Old 12-03-2008, 06:24 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Name:  TruckwithLMCheadlightHarnessandC-9.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  82.3 KB

This is a older picture but you can kind of see part my antenna in that picture. It's a Wilson 1000 magnetic mount.

Quick Reply: CB Install Image