2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

CB Install Image

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 06:39 PM
TIMIDONE
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey talking about CBs and all...does anyone know a brand a model number that allows an AUX out connection? I would love to be able to an AUX out to connect to my player to hear through my speakers...any ideas?

Thanks.

Old 12-03-2008, 06:55 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Im pretty sure most of them do. You would use the "ext. speaker" plug

Old 12-03-2008, 07:06 PM
TIMIDONE
All Star

mine must be too cheap of a model...cause it doesn't lol

or at least i can't find it lol

Old 12-03-2008, 07:37 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

should be on the back/bottom where the ant and power cord plugs in.

hometheater your truck is awesome. I'm liking the clear corners.

My ant is just a mag mount K30. Its in my roof behind the lightbar. I had twin red firesticks but the way i had them mounted didn't work right. I bought the K30 so I could use teh cd till I got them mounted better. When i got my cb peaked the guy tuned up the K30 so I'm just gonna keep it and use it. I was planing on putting the firesitcks back on for looks but not sure if and when I'll do that.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:55 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks. I didn't like clear corners for a while for these trucks and the ones that had the smooth plastic like the sport headlights I never liked and still don't really care for them although I guess they are okay on a sport model. I like clear corners better on most other vehicles though. One day I decided I wanted some but wanted the ones that had the texture to the plastic like the headlights so I ordered them. I really like how they look after having them but for a while I didn't want them. I don't think they improve the looks on these trucks as much as they do on some other vehicles but I do like them.

Old 12-04-2008, 12:07 AM
EricCartman
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TIMIDONE
Wow it is amazing how a simple post of a cb can make a thread go! My antenna is on driver side 4ft firestick...oh and btw get a real CB? Mine works just fine for hunting and getting pass the mountains. I am not a trucker and my lil cobra does its job just fine thank you very much.

Look at my sig to see my antenna location.
I like HAM bands for any distance... plus with VHF/UHF - are FM modes and the sound is way better.

Old 12-04-2008, 02:23 AM
TIMIDONE
All Star

Hey guys talking about CBs...check this one out. It is Cobra 29 LTD BT CB with Bluetooth technology!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cobra-29-LTD-BT-...3A1|240%3A1318

Yes Bluetooth so you can call people on it through the cb set, callback, redials, and more...sick sick sick. I think I just found my Christmas gift!

Anyone out there with experience on CBs with Bluetooth Technology?

Old 12-04-2008, 04:13 AM
talon6
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i didnt mean to dis anyones radio is was just a comment. but cb's are like anything else, you get what you pay for. and if you guys had a galaxy or connex you would understand how much better quality they are. i have had many different ones.galaxy, connex, cobra, uniden, just to name some.

flame me i donnt care. its something that i actually know alot about. and your standing wave is actually the most important thing, no matter what you have.but i have never seen any with bluetooth.heard of them. never seen 'em.

Last edited by talon6; 12-04-2008 at 04:16 AM.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:56 AM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Originally Posted by talon6
i didnt mean to dis anyones radio is was just a comment. but cb's are like anything else, you get what you pay for. and if you guys had a galaxy or connex you would understand how much better quality they are. i have had many different ones.galaxy, connex, cobra, uniden, just to name some.

flame me i donnt care. its something that i actually know alot about. and your standing wave is actually the most important thing, no matter what you have.but i have never seen any with bluetooth.heard of them. never seen 'em.
I've never seen a bluetooth cb either lol... talon6 is right about the standing wave as he calls it. Commonly known as SWR - Standing Wave Ratio. The mid range cb's allow you to tune your SWR to your antenna, but make sure you tune your antenna too. The lowest I've ever gotten was on my buddys truck we got almost near perfect 1:1 ratio. When you keyed it the needle wouldn't move on the SWR Gauge. On the other hand my truck doesn't like to get below 1.4 ish with that toolbox in there now. Oh well...

Last edited by pcfixerpro; 12-04-2008 at 08:59 AM.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:23 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Never knew they made bluetooth cb's. Like I mentioned my ant was tuned by a shop. I'm not sure what he got it too. I have talked to people on it a good distance away though. For the little bit that I use it, it gets out far enough. I think my dad has an old galaxy around somewhere. I just wanted something new in my truck

Quick Reply: CB Install Image