2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Where's the fuse for the cab/dome lights?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 12:35 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by audioman10
its got a fuse on it i just want my light in the cab to work agin..
Except you have it connected in the fuse box that most likely only has a 16g wire supplying it. So whats the point in running 8g!

Old 02-11-2010, 03:47 PM
audioman10
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

but i do not have it ran to the fuse box its got its own on off switch becouse i have it bypased to be able to play a dvd when driving down the road

Old 02-11-2010, 04:25 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP

I must have mis read your previous post saying you had it connected to the fuse in question.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:03 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

He has to have it connected to the normal radio fuse AND to the battery with an inline fuse.

The inline fuse/8g wire will supply the real current that he needs, but the HU has to know when to turn on, otherwise it'd stay on all the time and drain the battery. Thats what the wire to the radio fuse does, is tell it when its aloud to turn on. So if either fuse is blown (inline or radio fuse in side panel), the HU won't function. I wonder if he has an inline fuse, though, as he hasn't mentioned it.

Let me run out to the truck, I'll tell you which fuse is for radio. Gimme a few minutes.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:23 PM
audioman10
Rookie

Originally Posted by jasonw
He has to have it connected to the normal radio fuse AND to the battery with an inline fuse.

The inline fuse/8g wire will supply the real current that he needs, but the HU has to know when to turn on, otherwise it'd stay on all the time and drain the battery. Thats what the wire to the radio fuse does, is tell it when its aloud to turn on. So if either fuse is blown (inline or radio fuse in side panel), the HU won't function. I wonder if he has an inline fuse, though, as he hasn't mentioned it.

Let me run out to the truck, I'll tell you which fuse is for radio. Gimme a few minutes.
iv got it set up to where i have an on off switch and today after i got out of school i changed fuse and almy dom lights work and for got to mintion that the power not actual power the on wire idr what it is actualy called wire is going from the fuse box off the constint current terminals

Old 02-11-2010, 05:33 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP

OMG, whatever. I'm done with this thread. Good luck bud, hope you get it fixed.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:33 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

iv got it set up to where i have an on off switch and today after i got out of school i changed fuse and almy dom lights work and for got to mintion that the power not actual power the on wire idr what it is actualy called wire is going from the fuse box off the constint current terminals
You're going to have to confirm a translation for me. I almost can't make out some of that.

I've got it set up to where I have an on/off switch. Today, after I got out of school, I changed the fuse and my dome lights work. Oh, and I forgot to mention that the main power wire (not the one to the radio fuse) goes to the constant power terminal in the fuse box.
Is that an accurate translation, audioman?

Not trying to be mean or anything, but if you don't use at least a semblance of proper grammar, its awfully hard to understand you.

Old 02-11-2010, 06:52 PM
audioman10
Rookie

my bad it works and im happy and my head unit works and im happy thank you guys........

Old 02-26-2010, 02:02 PM
Bran743
Amateur

Hmmm.... seems like my thread got hijacked.

So back to the original problem, I've checked all the fuses and none of them are blown. The one next to the shut down is for the park lights. They work like a champ but the cab lights and dome light still don't work. I'm scratching my head here guys. I'm still at a loss on what's going on with this thing. Is there a plug-in type connection some where behind the dash that might have come loose? Thanks.

Brandon

Old 02-26-2010, 02:41 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP

Could be the switch itself.

Quick Reply: Where's the fuse for the cab/dome lights?