So I noticed oil seeping around the oil pan gasket, not alot but enough that I want to fix it (1999 1500 4x4, 5.9L, 120,000 miles).
So how hard is this to do? Is it just a matter of removing the pan bolts?
The shop manual for the 2001's says:
(1) Disconnect the negative cable from the battery.
(2) Remove engine oil dipstick.
(3) Raise vehicle.
(4) Drain engine oil.
(5) Remove exhaust pipe.
(6) Remove left engine to transmission strut.
(7) Loosen the right side engine support bracket
cushion thru-bolt nut and raise the engine slightly.
Remove oil pan by sliding backward and out.
(8) Remove the one-piece gasket.
Are 6 and 7 required????