2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fuel sync problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 02:52 PM
dodgeboy7
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also there is no check engine light and i did swap out the pcm with one out my donor truck and the pick up sensor

Old 04-10-2011, 03:21 PM
xjarhead69
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgeboy7
I got the crank sensor at napa. The clamp is holding fine i try moving it after i set it and would not turn.

I had to replace the motor with a long block about 20,000 ago so timing chain should be like new.
Get that Napa sensor out of there and get an OEM one.
I had to replace mine when i did my tranny because it got pinched between bellhouseing and block when putting it back together.
After a week or so my truck just started shutting down between 5 and 8 minutes after you first started it.
Wait about a minute it would restart and no more issues, unless you let it cool completely down.
Never received any codes.
It took six monthes of testing, till I just went ahead and replaced the Napa sensor with OEM and problem was gone.
That was over year ago and no issues since.

Dave

Old 04-12-2011, 04:22 PM
dodgeboy7
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Found out by going though the snap on scanner i have a misfire on cyc 3 but it dose not trip my light. My buddy friend "dodge tech" said the reason why the fuel sync keeps jumping around is b/c of the misfire and it trying to fix it. So i doing a tune up this weekend and see if it stops. If not i guess i do a leak down test for crank cyc head.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:27 PM
Tailgate101
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having a very similar problem. I'm wondering how yours turned out. You can probably find the thread I started hear under my screen name.

Quick Reply: Fuel sync problems