2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

blinking headlights

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 04:55 PM
peshewa
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default blinking headlights

Every time I start it at night, it runs fine, but after I take off a few seconds into the trip the lights blink a bit then are steady again. Happens every time. Ground cables seem fine. A local electrical guy said the smaller ground cable could be replaced with a larger one. Any thoughts?

Old 11-10-2012, 10:39 PM
It's Me Patt
Captain

mine are if everything is still stock (without extras) as long as the ground is good and clean it should be fine..the larger ground will give a larger contact surface but that's it..

Old 11-11-2012, 02:06 PM
jpsycoboy5
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know if this is your problem or not but I had a low beem and a high out opposite sides and my headlight switch is kinda broke so I can get it stuck between high and low so both are on anyways my dimmer switch was over heating and I was told it was because the shorts in the bulb were overloading the switch and they would flash on and off and hitting the dash would fix it

Old 11-12-2012, 09:30 AM
Josh_Putman
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh man!! It sounds to me like you have a leak between your turn signals and your headlights, and some blinker fluid is getting on your headlight bulbs. I would fix that immediately!!

You can purchase more blinker fluid here, if you can't find it locally.....http://kalecoauto.com/

Old 11-16-2012, 05:45 PM
peshewa
Veteran

Funny blinker fluid!

Quick Reply: blinking headlights