2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1995 ram 1500 quad cab horn issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 01:56 AM
BlazeThall
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 ram 1500 quad cab horn issues

Currently new to this forum and new to my "big Red"

It seems previous owner put in air horns and then took them out. Cant find original horn I believe it was to be located behind drivers side front bumper... i see a set of wires hanging so i tried hooking up an alarm horn that was in the truck not being used to see if it was the horn wires this failed as well...

ik can hear the relay click when i have someone hit the horn could some one help me on this...

Old 06-21-2013, 10:16 AM
~moparlove~
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go snag a horn from a junk yard and plug and play. maybe the alarm horn just isnt meant to work off those wires? i suck at electrical so im just spit balling lol. also, shouldnt this thread be moved to the tech section?

Old 06-21-2013, 10:29 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

Normally there are two horns. Should be two dark green w/red trace wires where the horns should be. Both of these wires are powered when the horn button is pressed. Horns ground thru the black wires to the body.

You can download the 95 service manual from the faq section here. It has all the wiring diagrams you would (n)ever want to see.

Quick Reply: 1995 ram 1500 quad cab horn issues