2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Wrecked my 95-1500 what to do

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 07:49 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They didn't total mine and my truck was a lot worse after it got hit. Around $2200 in damages to mine, hard to tell by the picture but it looks like you'll need a bumper, head lights, and maybe a fender?

Can't get a good look at the radiator support. Nothing up front on these trucks is expensive or hard to fix.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:14 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Take the cash offer and repair it yourself.
But beef the first offer, regardless of what it is. Insurance companies always lowball the first offer. Enough people are too polite or too lazy or too desperate to beef that first offer that they save traincar loads of money that way every year.

Old 11-01-2014, 01:10 AM
JJ_Nicholson
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok guys got 3500.00 for the truck and let them take it, couldn't get the cash and a street-able Title. Got my toolbox off her and the stereo and amps. Looking at trucks to decide what to replace her with, Yup will be another dodge.

Old 11-01-2014, 10:41 PM
ReadRam
All Star

Damage doesn't look that bad. A small dealer bought my totaled 01 and fixed it up. They put it back on the lot for 5000.00 with a salvage title. I thought it was going to be scrapped when I took the money and waived buying it back for 800. Sucks about the new trans, but sometimes starting from scratch is just as well.

Old 11-02-2014, 08:22 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Junk yard for parts, craigslist to find out how much it's worth.

Craigslist? Nope. Try NADA.com to get a ballpark figure.

Old 11-02-2014, 12:19 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 337 Likes on 301 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary-L
Craigslist? Nope. Try NADA.com to get a ballpark figure.
Was saying for private seller. You can get a better idea of what private sellers are trying to get for their own, similar vehicles to determine a realistic selling price for your own, if you choose to sell it yourself. But, to each his own.

Old 11-02-2014, 12:54 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Was saying for private seller. You can get a better idea of what private sellers are trying to get for their own, similar vehicles to determine a realistic selling price for your own, if you choose to sell it yourself. But, to each his own.
But the problem with the prices private sellers are asking is subjective. Some guy throws a set of fuzzy dice on the mirror and some chrome goodies under the hood and he suddenly believes his truck is worth an additional $3,500-$6,000. Another who paid through the nose for the dealer to perform regular maintenance is probably going to inflate the value of his vehicle as well. Craigslist may be a good place to figure an average, but that's going to depend on the person searching for values to find a good number (of like vehicles) with which to form a sample.

Old 11-02-2014, 01:26 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Received 337 Likes on 301 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary-L
But the problem with the prices private sellers are asking is subjective. Some guy throws a set of fuzzy dice on the mirror and some chrome goodies under the hood and he suddenly believes his truck is worth an additional $3,500-$6,000. Another who paid through the nose for the dealer to perform regular maintenance is probably going to inflate the value of his vehicle as well. Craigslist may be a good place to figure an average, but that's going to depend on the person searching for values to find a good number (of like vehicles) with which to form a sample.
Yup. More than one way to skin a cat.

Old 11-02-2014, 03:44 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Received 3,207 Likes on 2,959 Posts

I trust NADA more than any of the others.... Kelly Blue Book tends to VASTLY overestimate the value...... I checked a truck, and KBB said north of 15 grand.... NADA said around 9K....... Just a bit of a difference there...

Old 11-02-2014, 07:45 PM
JJ_Nicholson

Either way i went they were gonna screw my title. Florida doesn't want any older veh on the road and it wasn't a classic yet.....

Quick Reply: Wrecked my 95-1500 what to do