2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Keyless Entry ?.

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 02:12 AM
Ram Driver
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Keyless Entry ?.

My truck doesn`t have keyless entry, but I would like to add it if possible. I know you can buy an after market kit and have it installed, but I would like to know how the factory keyless entry works in these trucks. Is the factory keyless entry a module or something that plugs in under the dash some were that makes the keyless entry work or ? If it is a module or something like that, that I could find at a junk yard I would like to do that if possible and then have a key programed for it.

Any information on this would be a great help.

Old 11-26-2014, 02:05 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

Need the 'highline' central timer module, and the key fobs. Then, need to get the fobs programmed to the truck. You may already HAVE the highline CTM, build sheet should tell you. I think.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:23 PM
Ram Driver
Veteran

I just checked the build sheet for my truck, I can`t find any mention of the highline central timer module (CMT). I did find an old thread here from 2009 that said there were two types of central timer modules, the standard module and the highline module.

So i`m guessing my truck has the standard central timer module. I will have to see if I can find a highline central timer module at a junk yard.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:26 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

I think the highline CTM also ran some stuff in the display on the roof console. Compass, trip computer? Some such like that? That information should be around here somewhere as well.

Old 11-26-2014, 11:21 PM
Ram Driver
Veteran

I wish my roof console had all of that, but its just a basic roof console with two light and a couple of storage compartments. I had to remove it to fix a broken light switch, and there is no wiring harness there to upgrade to the fancier console, so im stuck with the basic console

Old 11-27-2014, 10:31 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Then you probably have the base CTM as well. Ah well.

Old 12-07-2014, 05:07 AM
MoparMagic'00
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can add that as well.. there are actually 3 ctms standard or basic, high-line, and premium. basically only difference is the premium has function for the heated seats (only quad cab) for key-less you have to have at minimum the high line and harness and remotes the harness must be ran through the a pillar and plugs into the fuse panel on dash

Quick Reply: Keyless Entry ?.