2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1998 Ram Wipers Arent working since windshield replacement

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 06:21 PM
firedawg50
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 Ram Wipers Arent working since windshield replacement

Had the windshield replaced, now the wipers don't work. When rotating the switch I can hear and feel the relay click, but the motor never engages. I swapped the relay checked the fuses. I would think it was a bad motor if it did not work prior to the windshield. Any thoughts are appreciated!!!

Last edited by firedawg50; 01-27-2015 at 06:45 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:56 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Tell whoever replaced the windshield your issue. Make them fix it.

Old 01-27-2015, 06:59 PM
firedawg50

That would be great but that happened before I got the truck. I traded an old hot tub for the truck, and the guy I got it from had the windshield replaced the month prior, and they haven't worked since.

Old 01-27-2015, 07:01 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Ok, if you had stated that in your original post.....

Check for power at the wiper motor, check the linkages for anything broken, disconnected, etc. Inspect, inspect and inspect again.

Old 01-27-2015, 07:57 PM
firedawg50

Honestly I didn't think it was pertinent as to when it was broken, the point was it was working before the replacement, and the day after it was not. The connections are all still connected, nothing is bent or broken, the motor doesnt even try to turn. Now I haven't taken it all apart as I don't need to drive the truck, but I have seen others say that it maybe a missing ground wire? I climbed up there and did not see any ground wires or anything loose I can see the harness connected to the motor.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:26 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

Grab the service manual for your truck from this thread. Make sure you are getting power where you should, and the ground is good.

Old 01-27-2015, 09:12 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Originally Posted by firedawg50
Honestly I didn't think it was pertinent as to when it was broken, the point was it was working before the replacement, and the day after it was not. The connections are all still connected, nothing is bent or broken, the motor doesnt even try to turn. Now I haven't taken it all apart as I don't need to drive the truck, but I have seen others say that it maybe a missing ground wire? I climbed up there and did not see any ground wires or anything loose I can see the harness connected to the motor.
Lol. Understood. It is pertinent though. For the reason stated. Obviously something was done during the removal/installation and your statement of "had the windshield replaced and now my wipers don't work" led me to believe this was something that happened fairly recently. I have no way of knowing the history, so my first response when someone asks that something does not work after having something repaired is take it back to whoever did the repair and have them look at it. Good luck.

Last edited by jkeaton; 01-27-2015 at 09:14 PM.

Quick Reply: 1998 Ram Wipers Arent working since windshield replacement