2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rough idle and lack of power. DTC codes P0132, P0141 and P0138 keep coming back.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2015, 04:49 PM
Slomojo
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The posted link above describes the problems associated with P0132 & P0138.

Long story short, after diagnosing and repairing a laundry list of issues, what it came down to was replacing a blown 02 Sensor Fuse from the Fuse / Relay box located in the engine compartment near the battery on the driver side of the car under the hood.

I myself have just gone through the same nightmare scenario of this set of trouble codes associated with all kinds of other issues and replacing that fuse seems to have done the trick.

There is now no more Check Engine (MIL) Light and my rough running, hesitation, stalling at low RPMs and at idle have now seemingly gone away.

Kudos to you Weatherman929, Bravo!

P0141 however is a different story. I do not know for certain if replacing that fuse will solve that issue too but it is certainly an inexpensive fix if it is; Good Luck...

The fine folks at www.obd-codes.com suggest the following;

A code P0141 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

A.) Open or short to ground in the wiring harness

B.) O2 heater circuit wiring high resistance,

C.) O2 heater element resistance is high Internal short or open in the heater element

Read more at: http://www.obd-codes.com/p0141
Copyright OBD-Codes.com

Last edited by Slomojo; 08-22-2015 at 06:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Rough idle and lack of power. DTC codes P0132, P0141 and P0138 keep coming back.