2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

P0132 code O2 sensor (HELL)P

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 01:29 AM
Jcriggs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0132 code O2 sensor (HELL)P

Hey guys I have an 01 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9l 4x4 with about 133k miles on it.

I am having a heck of a time figuring out why I keep getting a high voltage code. It's been about two months of off and on trouble shooting. This is what I've done so far.

New O2 sensor. (Ntk not Bosch)

New pcm (told the old one was the problem)

Had my exhaust fixed. (Previous owner had it straight dual with no cat. Installed a cat)

Bought a scan tool to monitor the engine.

I also took the truck to an auto electric store where they are the ones who told me I had a bad pcm... So I got a new remaned one from auto computer exchange in Ft lauderdale.

Was told all wiring is good..

From what I can tell my truck is not entering a closed loop. I don't believe the O2 sensors are heating up either because they stay at 1 volt the whole time.

Sometimes I can watch on live data scan tool them fluctuating so I know both O2 work. Usually this happens when I'm driving. Aka the exhaust heat them up?!

While monitoring my open loop fuel tonight it never closed. I did this while idilling and driving around in the parkinglot. Lastly I also have monitored my ect sensor. Seems that it was struggling to hit 93 degrees... (The temperature I was told it must hit with in a short window to flip the pcm into closed loop) When I put at thermometer in the radiator cap though the colant temp was about 150... So is my ECT sensor not working properly? (1)
Can this effect my O2 sensors from coming on and thus throwing a high voltage code. (2)
If the computer never closes the loop then do the O2 sensors ever get told to heat up? (3)

Labeled my question for easy response. Thanks guys. Looking forward to your input!
-Riggs

Last edited by Jcriggs; 11-23-2015 at 01:37 AM.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:41 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

Is that degrees C, or degrees F?

If the engine thinks it is only 93* F, it won't go into closed loop. Ever. Replace the ECT, make sure it isn't lying to the PCM, and see if your O2 codes go away.

Old 11-23-2015, 03:03 PM
Jcriggs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Is that degrees C, or degrees F?

If the engine thinks it is only 93* F, it won't go into closed loop. Ever. Replace the ECT, make sure it isn't lying to the PCM, and see if your O2 codes go away.
Last night I ran the engine for ten mins. Same thing 90 degrees farenhight on the pcm. However I stuck a meat thermometer in the colant top and it read 140...

Today I drove it for 15 mins. Never hit 93 degrees farenhight on the pcm. However it was very cold this morning. Maybe 30-40 degrees. The engine did enter a closed loop. Fuel was being trimmed. So confused...

Old 11-24-2015, 10:04 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

Need to replace the ECT.

Quick Reply: P0132 code O2 sensor (HELL)P