2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Towing in Overdrive

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 07:15 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bargeman
Did you teach auto shop class by day and teach a creative writing class by night
The honest truth of it is that the closest I ever got to an auto shop class was sitting behind the one at my high school a couple or three times a day to smoke pot. At least, I don't remember ever entering the place. Certainly never on purpose. I'm not really a big fan of classrooms. There's just entirely too much BS in those places. All you get there is performance art and the puppets get mad if you swat at their strings. The books are much better than the plays.

So I decided to stop getting institutionalized just to get educated long before the system thought I should be trusted to make decisions of that gravity. I'm sure one of us was right but I'm not formally educated enough to correctly make such distinctions unaided.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:03 AM
wyrmrider
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use this 3" in and out muffler on my Dakota
http://www.dynomax.com/mufflers/supe...ody_length=110
30 inch body
I also use a resonator behind the axle- I like my radio
High flow cat but most any will not hurt you at towing rpm
Use "pipe max" to determine headers at your towing or off the line RPM
High ratio rockers intake only
If you change your water pump put on a new timing chain set while you have it apart
ANY Cam with more duration than stock will hurt your off the line grunt
And too much lift requires piston mods bvvc

Quick Reply: Towing in Overdrive