2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

V10 wont start no injector pulse

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 07:57 PM
Matt Watkins
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking at just building one. The 98 everything is going cab fenders hood box. As long as i wire the firewall plug that supplies the power to the cab back i think i will be ok its just my whole body has issues with rust so i am starting a new. And the cab i like having a club cab but hate the little doors that always jam. The cab i have now is club but no rear doors just seat sliders. Any thing that you know that i don't the help is great and i am very thankful for any that i can get. The more you know the better

Old 08-25-2016, 09:19 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

electrical changed pretty dramatically in 98. Not to mention the switch from OBDI to OBDII in 96.....

The coil packs/modules for the OBDI V-10 are getting difficult to find as well. I don't know if the newer ones are compatible with the older electronics..... You *might* be able to put the 98 dash/electronics onto the 94 body..... and then just use the 94 interior.... I am sure there will be some ****ling little issues with that.... (seat belt module, possibly SRS issues..... I just don't know.)

Old 08-25-2016, 11:39 AM
Matt Watkins

Hey well if thats the case then i will keep the cab. The corners are ok and so are the sills but, the doors are shot and the rear doors are shot as well. I want to rebuild it and just take the time to balance everything just get it back to the day it was made. I build motors on the side so its not the work it going to come down to $ any advice on that ?

Old 08-25-2016, 12:08 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Doing a restoration is never an inexpensive endeavor...... doing all the labor yourself will save a big pile of money, but, if you need parts, you are at the mercy of the suppliers.... You can occasionally find decent doors on craigslist for reasonable prices..... but, gotta get kinda lucky there..... LMC truck has all the repair panels you could ever want, not to mention seals and such... are your current doors even remotely salvageable?

Old 08-25-2016, 12:41 PM
Matt Watkins

well thats the thing i have a whole other truck that body wise is in great shape . If i keep my cab i can just change 0ut the doors well i have to find back doors but the front will fit. i am just going to strip down the frame of lines and hoses and blast it and roll on under armor. i bought a big roll of brake line and my friend owns a tractor trailer repair shop so i am just going to use high pressure rubber lines for the fuel. I just want to rebuild the motor i just bought headers and i fabricated up a exhaust system using a dual in dual out cat and a dynomax muffler and i picked up a throttle body spacer. I removed the engine fan and installed ele fans. I also removed the entire ac system and replaced the pump with a ideler pully so i am plugging away

Old 08-25-2016, 12:57 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

I don't think the fronts will fit..... the doors were different between the 2 door, and the "4" door cabs......

Skip the throttle body spacer, it doesn't do anything on a port fuel injected motor.

Quick Reply: V10 wont start no injector pulse