2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Cat Removal

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 12:24 AM
JustinJohnson86
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cat Removal

Here in nashville they dont stick the tube down your tail pipe (its kinda hard to get an accurate reading from dualed out pipe ) but just read from the computer. With that o2 spoof, does anyone know if they can pick that up and tell you that you have that installed??? I want to gut the cat, but i dont want to fail emissions and have to buy another cat =/ (especially having them tell me that i screwed with the cat and throw me in jail [:@])
Not wanting to jack the thread, but i felt it was relavent.

Old 03-25-2006, 12:51 AM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: JustinJohnson86

Here in nashville they dont stick the tube down your tail pipe (its kinda hard to get an accurate reading from dualed out pipe ) but just read from the computer. With that o2 spoof, does anyone know if they can pick that up and tell you that you have that installed??? I want to gut the cat, but i dont want to fail emissions and have to buy another cat =/ (especially having them tell me that i screwed with the cat and throw me in jail [:@])
Not wanting to jack the thread, but i felt it was relavent.
They shouldn't be able to. I know there are several GP owners in my club that live in Milwaukee (about the only place in WI that has emissions testing) with illegal exhaust systems. They're all either using o2 sims or have the code removed from their PCM. For testing there, they just read from the computer, and the only time they'll check your exhaust (or anything else) is if you have a code stored in your PCM...in other words, if you have one currently set or have had one set in the past 50 (I think?) starts.

Old 03-25-2006, 02:30 AM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: fourdaywillie

Why do you want to empty the cat? Is it plugged and are there any emission laws in effect in your area? If so you might run into some problems down the road. Here in NY they hook a cable to the computer jack and Albany tels the inspector if it passes. Also they put a probe of some sort in the tail pipe to check emissions. Just a FYI
i didnt know they did emission tests in upstate ny!... i live between rochester and buffalo .. but its been 4 years since ive had to have my truck (or any vehicle for that matter) inspected since i lived down south... i think im good till june (the wife had it inspected for me before i moved back home from the military) fourdaywhillie when did they start this? i see your from osweego... they do all that up there?

Old 03-25-2006, 09:23 AM
fourdaywillie
Rookie

They started about a year ago. They got to keep up with the califonias. Now the inspection sticker runs out at the end of the month and their gonna make end within 10 days of the inspection date after a year. Say it was inspected Jan 1st after a year it runs out Jan 10 instead of the 31st. More damn ways to rip us off. They even put a bar code on the sticker so when you ge pulled over the cop scans it to see if it is for that vehicle. No more swaping.

Old 03-26-2006, 04:58 AM
silverram99
Captain

Thanks for all the information, next tuesday I am planning on installing the summit dual exhaust I got, which by the way I would not reccomend to anyone. I thought I would save a few bucks and buy the kit since it is like 135 with free shipping the only problem is they want to send you a turbo muffler with the kit and I of course wanted a flowmaster and the sales guy was like "Oh yeah that will fit right in" so I ended up buying the flowmaster with the kit and I mocked it all up in the garage tonight and the tail pipes fit really sloppuy inside the outlets on the muffler. So got out the micrometer and the calipers and it turns out there is like .050 difference in the inside of the outlets and the outside diameter of the tailpipe. Do you think I can flare it out and make it work? At this point I am going to weld the whole system so using clamps won't be a problem. My other question still didn't get answered, are there any fellow Dodge Forum members in the Wichita area?

Old 05-21-2012, 03:34 PM
dtburg57
Default Cat removal

No What problem is...runnig to rich at idle, jto lean at high rpm.

removed cat and son says my sig from rear sen is onlsedning high low sig. That why I have minor shurge on road.

Where can I find dummy o2, sisso2, shoop o2.

Thanks Dale

Quick Reply: Cat Removal