3rd Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

Truck Yeah!!!! Possible new Dakota

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 08:13 PM
FrenicX
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

its fwd... not interested.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:41 PM
pyrofossil
Professional
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FrenicX
its fwd... not interested.

Not to mention it is ugly as h3**

If I ever went with a truck/car combo type deal... Pretty much a newer improved El Camino type car/truck I would get the Holden Ute SS-V Redline. Still not so pretty, but a beast.

http://www.holden.com.au/cars/ute/range/ss-v-redline
Thank of the Pontiac GTO engine in a S-10 sized truck.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:00 AM
rodslinger
Veteran
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Please god no....

That thing looks like a late term abortion. Almost as bad as the ProMaster and ProMaster City. If Fiat puts their design hands on any future replacement Dakota like they did these ugly *** vans then I want nothing of it. I don't care how well she cooks, I ain't riding no ugly fat chick around all day.

Hey Dodge!!!!! Give me a 7/8ths scale Ram 1500 (styling included) with the diesel out of the Jeep and I'm set. Otherwise I'm picking up a Colorado with the diesel when they get released. I'm not buying a full size truck and definitely not getting into one of those ugly *** things.

Old 09-03-2014, 06:14 PM
kjfishman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pierrejoly
So, I read Truck Yeah every now and then. It's a sub category on Jalopnik that deals only with trucks and other truck related articles. This way i'm not bombarded with all the stuff about import cars or other things i don't care about.

Anyways, i just spied this little article. I kinda like the look of this little truck, and it would look great with the dodge cross haired grill.

More info HERE with some spied shots of an AWFULLY camoflaged truck in Michigan, but looking at the undercarriage, it looks to possibly have IRS. The front end looks too low but it could be an interesting new truck. Hopefully it can live up to it's predecessors.
That small truck reminds me more of the Rampage due to its size.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:06 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

I keep hearing Foghorn Leghorn....I say, I say boy, thats not a truck.....

Old 09-05-2014, 07:56 AM
northgator8
All Star
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
I keep hearing Foghorn Leghorn....I say, I say boy, thats not a truck.....
Yer lips are flappin' but your not sayin' nuthin' boy!

My Brother in law sells to fleets for Chrysler - he is just crying for a new Dakota. Once Ford dropped the Ranger, fleets have nowhere to go for a small truck except for the Canyon/Colorado, and then offshore.

According to him, Orkin, the bug killers, took 1/4 of the Ranger production every year!

Old 09-11-2014, 04:27 AM
FrenicX
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll just put this right here since someone mentioned the holden Ute.. this is a nearly one off model that was made to show off the (at the time) up coming Pontiac G8 Ute, for sale in my area..

http://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/1506946?ad_cid=6

Old 09-11-2014, 09:32 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Those are sweet.....but no club/extended cab.

Old 09-12-2014, 07:30 PM
Reject
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rodslinger
That thing looks like a late term abortion. Almost as bad as the ProMaster and ProMaster City. If Fiat puts their design hands on any future replacement Dakota like they did these ugly *** vans then I want nothing of it. I don't care how well she cooks, I ain't riding no ugly fat chick around all day.

Hey Dodge!!!!! Give me a 7/8ths scale Ram 1500 (styling included) with the diesel out of the Jeep and I'm set. Otherwise I'm picking up a Colorado with the diesel when they get released. I'm not buying a full size truck and definitely not getting into one of those ugly *** things.

My work got a Ram 1500 Quad Cab diesel on loan from Dodge to use for awhile, Unloaded it got 9L/100km, Which is better then the 2014 Dodge Journey we have.
I personally will never buy a dodge truck again, EVERY one has the same rear fender rust issues My 2k Dakota and 05 have They never fixed the issue, Which sucks I liked the one we have on load. We also got 3500 Ram, which has LOADS of power, even load with its huge contractor cap.

We also bought one of the **** ProMasters to the same application, Its Front wheel drive, and is basically going to be a huge costly investment parked all winter, as it wont be able to climb any hills.

I wouldnt buy a Canyon either, Its to small imo, like the ranger. Only plus is it has Crew Cab. Id get a GMC, as its the only one other then the Ram I like for looks, havnt looked into it tho, as im not planning to replace anytime soon.

2014 Ram 3500 /w SpaceKap Diablo III for Fiber Optic Splicing. I drove it abit, and it still had loads of power to get going, I was surprised alot.
However Dodge themselves dont know how its going to hold up. Even tho we had them upfit it, and the ProMaster.

Last edited by Reject; 09-12-2014 at 07:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Truck Yeah!!!! Possible new Dakota