3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Tail light mod

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 07:55 PM
visions6699
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tail light mod

is there a way for the whole tail light to light up when using the turn signals? i have smoked tail lights and i think it would be great if there was some kind of work around to get the whole taillight to light up when your using that signal instead of the corner ones..

Old 09-13-2012, 10:05 PM
kingofwylietx
Professional

Since I'm always driving, I didn't know the whole thing didn't flash with the blinker. If there are two bulbs, you can use relays to accomplish it. Use the tail light positive to power the relay, tap into the turn signal positive for the switch side and output to the other bulb you want to flash.

I hope that was somewhat clear

Old 09-14-2012, 07:36 AM
Norge
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can do it, but you'll have to decide if you want the two door lights to be turn signal only or combo lights. The rear door lights are 194 4watt parking lights only, so if you want combo lights you have to modify the housing and put in a different receptical. However if you do what I did you can change the bulbs for 921 18watt bulbs and convert them to turn signal only. I did this when I made mine sequential turn signals. It'd be the same except skipping installing the sequential relays. You can see what I did here:
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/showthr...ght=sequential

Hope this helps

Old 09-14-2012, 07:16 PM
visions6699

thanks for the input guys, ill try that out when i get some free time

Quick Reply: Tail light mod