3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Another Recall

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 04:50 PM
hfx_cdn
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Took my 2012 Citadel in for the recall yesterday. They set up the appointment fro 3 PM saying it would be a 1 hour 15 minute fix. A half hour into it, they decided to put it all back together as they figured at that point that it would be at least another 3 to 4 hours to complete the job. We'll try again next week, but can't say I'm all too pleased, and if there are any rattles after the headliner is removed and put back, I will scream my lungs out.

EMG

Old 10-17-2014, 12:19 PM
hfx_cdn
Rookie

Took the Citadel back in yesterday with the idea they could keep it for as long as they needed it. The good news was that it really only took about 2 hours to fully complete the recall, and they did find that the wiring over the driver's seat had its wires crimped. So, at so point it likely would have created a problem. FWIW, they then took our old 06 Liberty in for the gas tank recall, and I left a half hour later with a new shiny trailer hitch, since that was the required repair.

EMG

Old 10-17-2014, 04:07 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hfx_cdn
Took the Citadel back in yesterday with the idea they could keep it for as long as they needed it. The good news was that it really only took about 2 hours to fully complete the recall, and they did find that the wiring over the driver's seat had its wires crimped. So, at so point it likely would have created a problem. FWIW, they then took our old 06 Liberty in for the gas tank recall, and I left a half hour later with a new shiny trailer hitch, since that was the required repair.

EMG
hfx_cdn,

I'm pleased to hear they were able to efficiently address both recalls and get you back on the road sooner than anticipated!

Old 10-20-2014, 12:43 PM
Nyaristo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys mine is in there right now and they said can take the whole day or even 2 it's 2014 citadel Durango hopefully I can get her back by Wednesday atleast

Old 10-21-2014, 09:26 AM
hfx_cdn
Rookie

Dave, if the first visit went as well as the second one, I'd agree with you. But, I don't see how 2 visits and four 3/4 hour drives can be said to be "efficiently" Ultimately, the technician who did the job seemed to know what he was doing, and it seems to have been completed with "no rattles of wind noise", but the first tech obviously didn't, nor does Nyristo's.

EMG

Old 10-22-2014, 07:36 PM
IEWRX
Professional

What is the tally so far, 4 recalls for the 11's? Wow.....

Old 10-22-2014, 09:39 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

Could be worse...could be failures without any hope of repairs
STEVE

Quick Reply: Another Recall