3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Remote start or Heated Seats?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 08:43 PM
hls811
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bbtkd
I am surprised that a Dodge dealer installed unit wouldn't be identical to factory installed unit. Do they use the factory remotes? If not, then I'd argue it is aftermarket and not worth it.
It is the same and it uses factory remotes. My comment about it not working to power on the seats would be because the seats warmers won't be factory installed - I don't know if the Dodge remote start unit can be 'taught' to power on a 3rd party device (I'm assuming no).

Old 03-01-2015, 10:46 PM
bbtkd
Veteran

Originally Posted by hls811
It is the same and it uses factory remotes. My comment about it not working to power on the seats would be because the seats warmers won't be factory installed - I don't know if the Dodge remote start unit can be 'taught' to power on a 3rd party device (I'm assuming no).
Good point. You might be able to install and use the factory butt warmer switches if the wiring is all there, and if the computer recognizes the switches it may presume that they are controlling factory warmers. The switches might actually control a relay module which the computer also controls. Used to be that wire looms contained wiring for all options for a given model - not sure if they still do that.

Old 03-04-2015, 04:24 PM
lex_durango
Default Another for remote start

I'm another remote start voter...

I have a Jaguar with leather seats without remote start.

I have the Durango with remote start no leather seats.

Leather is great for looks, but when it comes to being cold or hot outside, you can't beat cloth.

Even when my Jag has the seats burning my *** off it's freezing outside and the car is not totally warmed up yet, I'm still freezing! Just sitting on the cold leather before the seats heat up is COLD!! The remote start on the Durango means your entire car is heated before you get to it. Win!

Old 03-04-2015, 11:07 PM
hls811
Rookie

Well, just did my taxes yesterday and I think the Katzkins may be on hold for a while.. Definitely wasn't planning on that! I think I still may go ahead with the remote starter though - I'd still like to do the seat upgrade someday (I have the Mopar Unlimited warranty on this so I plan on having it a while) - It may make it easier to break up the purchases.

Quick Reply: Remote start or Heated Seats?