Buyer beware-never dodge again!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 08:14 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Big had
After much research and blown off calls I have resolved my issue. And some of you are very good! Thanks for the tip about the selling dealer possibly repainting the bumper. They did! And, they are willing to accept this as their problem and make it right.
However, I still am NOT happy with the disregard and unconcern of the Manufacturer regarding this matter. The blown off feeling they have left me with. I expected some customer service and customer support. As the consumer I bought a vehicle from Dodge, through their branded dealership network. As the customer I should not have been blown off, treated this poorly, and left alone to spend countless hours pursuing this issue. Customer service could have called the dealer in my opinion. Instead of my countless calls never answered! Let's not forget their digital imaging dept. denied my claim and NOBODY ever could tell me why.
I am quite unhappy with this experience and question if I will ever be a loyal customer again after this experience. Dodge should know that a primary objective of any successful business is to protect the Brand. Something they have failed to do regarding me. A guy with 4 newer Dodge products in his driveway and countless 10's of thousands of his dollars as a long term customer.
My bumper will be repainted..and I have learned my loyalty to Dodge is not a Loyalty they have in return. A bitter pill to swallow for me. I did not buy a new vehicle for the hassle. It has been a hassle. I will end with that. Thanks again for all the help on this site in my endeavor. I appreciate it much.
I think Dodge knew what they saw when they saw it, just like I did. My guess is they also told the dealer what they thought about it also. They did not relay that to you because they didn't want to get involved in another dealer's mess. I can pretty much be sure that the CAIR agent was not told this either. They are not the same group of people who assess photo claims. That my take on it anyway.

That OTHER dealer who painted the bumper needs to match the factory paint warranty period.

Last edited by TNtech; 03-22-2017 at 08:18 PM.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:17 PM
Big had
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is my opinion. My new vehicle is peeling paint. That's a problem. Under one year old. I take it to a dodge dealer not the dealer I bought from. They tell me they can see the bumper was not damaged by me. Problem one.
They refer the pics to Dodge corporate.
I get told not their problem, not warranty.
I ask why? I am not given an answer. That's a big problem for me.
If dodge knew that the vehicle had been repainted they could have advised me of this. They could have inquired to the dealer on my behalf and for the benefit of protecting their brand.
Until recently all I knew was I had a factory painted vehicle peeling.

Last edited by Big had; 03-23-2017 at 06:37 AM.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:21 PM
Big had
Amateur

That's my Dodge " experience" this far.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:35 PM
Big had
Amateur

I again thank everyone for helping guide me in the direction of truth.

Last edited by Big had; 03-23-2017 at 06:28 AM.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:44 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

the same scenario could of happened at any brand. Every dealership are independant businesses. Why should one pay for the others mistake. The dealership you buy it from will always do more for you.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:27 AM
usmc1811
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Worthless

Originally Posted by primem
the same scenario could of happened at any brand. Every dealership are independant businesses. Why should one pay for the others mistake. The dealership you buy it from will always do more for you.

Excuses are like ********.

Everybody has got one.

Enough said.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:08 AM
usmc1811
Veteran

I think you have enough cause on the dealership to file a law suit against them.
Diminished Value on the damaged vehicle is cause. And the damaged vehicle was not sold to you honestly, the dealership attempt to cover up the damage is proof of that.

FCA should take note on this, hint Dodge Cares rep..

Pass the word up the chain of command about the LIEING, CHEATING, STEALING dealership you allow to sell your vehicles.

Old 03-23-2017, 03:00 PM
primem
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by usmc1811
Excuses are like ********.

Everybody has got one.

Enough said.
I don't give two cents about any manufacturer either way. I know they all work the same. One lawsuit won't change that.

Last edited by primem; 03-23-2017 at 03:06 PM.
Old 03-24-2017, 01:08 PM
usmc1811
Veteran
Default Repeat

Originally Posted by primem
I don't give two cents about any manufacturer either way. I know they all work the same. One lawsuit won't change that.
Repeat what I've already said.

Old 03-24-2017, 10:07 PM
primem
Record Breaker

it was resolved by the selling dealer. dodge and the non selling dealer should not have to pay for damage done elsewhere.

dealers don fix other dealers **** ups for free.