3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Buyer beware-never dodge again!

Old 03-08-2017, 07:47 PM
Big had
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buyer beware-never dodge again!

Thought I would share some feedback to anyone considering a new Dodge. Walk away and find a different make. I am saddened to see just how poor the customer service has been with Dodge. I have a less then year old Durango Limited. It is equipped with every option. About 2 months ago I noticed the front bumper was peeling paint.

Ok. Never had this problem before. No big deal, we will find time and take it to the dealer. Well the wife did just that about a month ago. The dealer took some pics and told her it looked to them like a failure and not damage caused by her. But they had to take pics and send that to Dodge for approval. Well, we waited and never heard back. So I keep asking her what's up with her car? Finally she says she was calling but never was getting return calls from the dealer.

All the while the paint is continuing to peel in new areas of the front bumper. So I get irritated and say I will take over. I call the dealer. They don't have records of her visit. The usual bounce around. I continue to pester them until finally after going through this guy to reach that guy to reach this guy I find my guy. He is aware of the visit. He reviews the notes and says their "digital imaging" dept. has denied the claim. I am flabbergasted! What? Advises me to call the customer care dept at corporate. Which I do. They refer me back to the dealer. The dealer refers me back to them. I get frustrated by this and voice this complaint to both of them.

I request a meeting at the dealer with whomever denied this claim to review the vehicle in person. Well, neither side can tell me who this person is! OK, well then I would like the District manager for Dodge to meet me. They don't know who he is. Nobody can give me a name.meanwhile the Durango is continuing to peel more and more. I have not really ever had issues with my Dodge products before therefore I have had little to no prior interactions with corporate dodge. Except this one. And I will advise anyone moving forward to stay away. They have poor customer service. They conduct business in bad faith. I can say this because you would think a loyal customer would at least be afforded to meet with someone face to face to discuss the issue. Perhaps the picture didn't capture the true issue? I guess it doesn't matter to them. It seems to matter little that I own 4 newer Dodge vehicles. A 2016 45k Durango, a 2016 20k Dart, a 2011 44k ram Laramie and a 2005 jeep!

And to think I was getting ready to trade in the ram for a 75k 3500 Cummings Ram! While I love dodge I have been betrayed, disrespected and genuinely tossed around like my time means little to this company. Certainly my loyalty as a very good customer means little. I have e mailed the CEO. I await a response. Am I asking too much from them? To meet and view my vehicle in person and not review a perhaps Ill angled photo that did not capture the problem correctly? It's beyond strange that nobody in this company knows who made the decision to deny my claim since nobody knows who denied it! Meanwhile the new Durango bumper continues to peel. Told the wife in two weeks we can go look at explorers since that was what she wanted anyways. Trade it in if that makes her happy. I have always been a Dodge fan as my dad was.

Decades driving Dodge products. Seems Chrysler/Fiat is there to take your money but not there to stand behind their product. They certainly aren't there to give their customers common courtesy! They simply point the finger at each other and waste your time bouncing you around. My time would be better served just paying to get it fixed out of pocket. But I am a man of principle. And ethics. So be forewarned potential Chrysler buyers. This corporation is too big to care about its customers, and for that alone I would say stay away. I will update as I have set a two week window on continuing to play the game with them before I move on and rid my driveway of their products. Well, expect my jeep, lol. I have far more money in it in parts then the cost of a new one. It's my off road toy, lol. Perhaps in the future I will share a video of my hats and shirts and flag and everything else I own with the Dodge name burning around a camping fire. I am thoroughly disgusted with the way this company is ran and how it lacks customer service. Thought I would share.

Last edited by TNtech; 03-09-2017 at 09:33 PM.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:26 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

contact the customer service reps who troll this site. Go to another dealer.

Every dealer i have worked at would cover peeling paint if under bumper to bumper warranty.

Old 03-08-2017, 09:10 PM
Big had
Amateur

The buck stops with the corporate level. They are terrible. Hence my warning.

Old 03-08-2017, 10:50 PM
wi-steve
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the same problem with my wife's Honda Odyssey. Took it through a car wash and it blasted the paint right off the bumper. Dealer said the car wash was at fault. Took it to an independent paint shop that explained how he could tell that our new never in an accident vehicle had been repainted. And explained what improper prep would lead to this. Once confronted, the Honda dealer fessed up that it was damaged in transit and they repainted the front bumper. I was so ticked about being lied to that I bought the Durango over the Pilot.

I'm not saying you are being treated properly, but there are bad apples and vehicles from every make.

Hopefully the Dodge Cares user here can help make this right for you.

Old 03-09-2017, 03:22 AM
nicola.dinisio
Rookie

This story confirms my thought about keeping the dealer accountable at all costs.
Never let it escalate the problem to corporate as a way to escape confrontation with the customer.
If something is faulty with your vehicle they are to be chained to be problem and fix it.
After the problem is fixed they can talk to any corporate figure to get a refund.

Old 03-09-2017, 08:23 AM
J6L
Rookie

Maybe it's time to get a little outside support on this matter. Perhaps contacting consumer affairs on that dealership would stop the finger pointing and take your situation seriousily. As stated in another post, some dealerships are helpful and others not so much. Commonsense is at times hard to find. In no way should a new vehicle's paint start falling off...there's a reason. With no history of crash damage or abuse the dealer owns it (IMO) and must make good on it. Stay the course and let the forum know how you made out.
http://www.dca.ca.gov/consumer/complaints.shtml

Old 03-09-2017, 08:31 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by Big had
Thought I would share some feedback to anyone considering a new Dodge. Walk away and find a different make. I am saddened to see just how poor the customer service has been with Dodge. I have a less then year old Durango Limited. It is equipped with every option. About 2 months ago I noticed the front bumper was peeling paint. Ok. Never had this problem before. No big deal, we will find time and take it to the dealer. Well the wife did just that about a month ago. The dealer took some pics and told her it looked to them like a failure and not damage caused by her. But they had to take pics and send that to Dodge for approval. Well, we waited and never heard back. So I keep asking her what's up with her car? Finally she says she was calling but never was getting return calls from the dealer. All the while the paint is continuing to peel in new areas of the front bumper. So I get irritated and say I will take over. I call the dealer. They don't have records of her visit. The usual bounce around. I continue to pester them until finally after going through this guy to reach that guy to reach this guy I find my guy. He is aware of the visit. He reviews the notes and says their "digital imaging" dept. has denied the claim. I am flabbergasted! What? Advises me to call the customer care dept at corporate. Which I do. They refer me back to the dealer. The dealer refers me back to them. I get frustrated by this and voice this complaint to both of them. I request a meeting at the dealer with whomever denied this claim to review the vehicle in person. Well, neither side can tell me who this person is! OK, well then I would like the District manager for Dodge to meet me. They don't know who he is. Nobody can give me a name.meanwhile the Durango is continuing to peel more and more. I have not really ever had issues with my Dodge products before therefore I have had little to no prior interactions with corporate dodge. Except this one. And I will advise anyone moving forward to stay away. They have poor customer service. They conduct business in bad faith. I can say this because you would think a loyal customer would at least be afforded to meet with someone face to face to discuss the issue. Perhaps the picture didn't capture the true issue? I guess it doesn't matter to them. It seems to matter little that I own 4 newer Dodge vehicles. A 2016 45k Durango, a 2016 20k Dart, a 2011 44k ram Laramie and a 2005 jeep! And to think I was getting ready to trade in the ram for a 75k 3500 Cummings Ram! While I love dodge I have been betrayed, disrespected and genuinely tossed around like my time means little to this company. Certainly my loyalty as a very good customer means little. I have e mailed the CEO. I await a response. Am I asking too much from them? To meet and view my vehicle in person and not review a perhaps Ill angled photo that did not capture the problem correctly? It's beyond strange that nobody in this company knows who made the decision to deny my claim since nobody knows who denied it! Meanwhile the new Durango bumper continues to peel. Told the wife in two weeks we can go look at explorers since that was what she wanted anyways. Trade it in if that makes her happy. I have always been a Dodge fan as my dad was. Decades driving Dodge products. Seems Chrysler/Fiat is there to take your money but not there to stand behind their product. They certainly aren't there to give their customers common courtesy! They simply point the finger at each other and waste your time bouncing you around. My time would be better served just paying to get it fixed out of pocket. But I am a man of principle. And ethics. So be forewarned potential Chrysler buyers. This corporation is too big to care about its customers, and for that alone I would say stay away. I will update as I have set a two week window on continuing to play the game with them before I move on and rid my driveway of their products. Well, expect my jeep, lol. I have far more money in it in parts then the cost of a new one. It's my off road toy, lol. Perhaps in the future I will share a video of my hats and shirts and flag and everything else I own with the Dodge name burning around a camping fire. I am thoroughly disgusted with the way this company is ran and how it lacks customer service. Thought I would share.

One bad apple does not spoil the cart.

Old 03-09-2017, 07:35 PM
Big had
Amateur

It's not one bad apple. It's not the paint peeling. It is the WAY they handle customer concerns. The dealership has been pleasant. They agree it appears to be a coatings failure. However, Dodge corporate has to give the approval. In this case it appears a picture or two is sent to the corporate "digital imaging" department. They made the decision. I was appalled and asked to meet with whomever at the corporate level to review this in person. Perhaps the photos were not taken correctly? Perhaps the photos didn't capture the extent of the issue? I don't know, as I never saw the photos the dealer took! What I do know is simply this truth. I have owned numerous Chrysler vehicles for the last twenty five years. I have never been a nit picker.

Last edited by Big had; 03-10-2017 at 06:58 PM.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:41 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

(I split your posts to make it more readable)

Are you the first owner of this car? Do you have a picture of the paint issue you can post?

Just to be clear, the dealer has no say in it. Digital imaging is the new norm, since they don't have anywhere close to enough reps to cover the dealers like they used to. But, you can bet your @ss there are plenty available bean counter dorks to be found when audit time comes around.

I'm not surprised they have no idea who denied the claim. FCA seems to practice this compartmentalized BS.

Last edited by TNtech; 03-09-2017 at 09:54 PM.
Old 03-10-2017, 12:16 PM
usmc1811
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No matter what brand you may own or have bought. There will always be issues, some minor and some major.

FCA like any Corp. or business is out to make money.And the same goes for dealerships.

The only real way to get eithers attention is through money.

And our only real way to have control over them is through our money. We all know this.

Money makes the world go around......

Please, keep us posted on your efforts.

Search this Thread