Print Wikipost

Throttle Body cleaning Ram 3rd Gen by hemivec

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 01:25 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Throttle Body cleaning Ram 3rd Gen by hemivec

doing this is all up to you and i do not claim responceability if you brake something during this prosess

tools and items needed

flat head screwdriver
10mm socket and extention
8mm socket and extention
brake cleaner
shop towels
plastic bowl

getting to the throttle body(this was done on a hemi with stock air intake

1 disconnect thenegitive battery terminal
2 disconnect the wire from the sensor on the big plastic cover that says hemi 5.7 on top of the engiene its at the front of the cover to the left hand side just unplug it
3useing the screwdriver undo the tube from the airintake box and the plastic cover a few turns on the clip and the tube will just pull out
4 get the 10 mm socket with the extention there is two bolts that holds the big plastic cover inplace one at the front left and the other on the right its easy to find once lose the cover will just pull off
5 now we see the throttle body unplug the sensor that is at the top as you look at it from the front you will see 4 bolts holding it inplace
get the 8mm socket and extention and remove to 4 bolts the throttle body will just pull off and you will think its not too bad but when you turn it around you will probably see its black with gunk

cleaning

put throttle body in the plastic bowl and spray lightly with the brake cleaner useing the shop towel take care and clean around the whole throttle body but take special care not to catch the sensor when cleaning i used a quetip when cleaning around that once clean sit it to the side and let it dry
while it was drying i clean the opening where the throttlebody goes with a damp shop towel (make sure the towel is just damp with brake cleaner not soaked ) wipe around the opening where the throttle body goes and clean the air intake tube and may as well clean the air box while your at it

time to put it all back together

its just the reverse from thakeing it off when i put the throttle body back on made sure to tighten the 4 bolts even finger tight the top left bolt then bottom right then top right then bottom left then i used the socket and niped them up useing the same pattern till it was tight

this is also handy for the error code p2175 that i was getting and it seams to have fixed the problem for now just wish i took some pics to go along with this but i forgot the
whole prosess takes around 30 mins from start to finish easy to do as well

Ram3rdGen

Quick Reply: Throttle Body cleaning Ram 3rd Gen by hemivec