Voters: 494. You may not vote on this poll

Tires (brands)

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 10:02 PM
DaveCinHutto
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Updated my 8-12-2012 post.

The Sumi require a warm up period to get back to round after sitting for a week or longer, Depends upon the air temp but when it is cold or below 50 it can take 30 to 50 miles before they return to a better ride. Not perfect just "better", . I only run about 10K miles a year so..... should have researched a few more days but tires are some what subjective. Wished I could have found a set of Coopers, the last set I had wore great and were very smooth on the hiway. They balanced with very little weight.

Old 04-30-2014, 04:05 PM
VengeanceASX

Went from 35" General Grabbers to 33" Cooper Discoverers, way better ride, a little spongy at first, but I'm used to it now.

Old 05-11-2014, 10:06 PM
Destructo80
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nitto 420s

Anybody running Nitto 420s ? Looks like a good tire, but concerned about 4th season performance...

Old 05-13-2014, 11:28 AM
chris65
Rookie

after a truck in front of me lost a barricade and the guy payed for 4 new tires- I didn't ask- so now I have the world finest Neptun Experience tires from Tire Kingdom.

Neptun stands for:
Neptun will wait in every deep puddle and takes care that the tire swims good on the surface to loose contact
Neptun will take care that in the rain you slide perfectly on the surface of the wet pavement if you brake, in curves and any other occassion where water is involved.
Neptun will even make you know the tires are still there by making noises- even on wet pavement

Experience stands for:
Experience the noise- the faster the louder
Experience how your gas mileage drops 3 miles from the minute they're mounted
Experience how the truck can swirl around, when there is a bump in the curve
Experience that nobody wants to give you a dime for brand new used tires, if you want to swap them to something else.

I just drive them carefully till the profile is gone and experience which tire to avoid with a 15 mile way around.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:10 PM
calinb
Amateur
Default Finally dumped the Michelins!

My OEM Michelins didn't even make it to 30k miles and I was stupid enough to replace them with a Michelin LT/X set from my local Costco (the only tires they had w/ blackwalls in my original OEM size.) The after market version of the LT/X didn't do any better than the OEM LT/X, mileage-wise, and furthermore, the LT/X punctures easily on gravel roads. On one hunting trip, I had to buy a few cans of flat-proof goop just to finish the hunt. By the time I got to the tire shop, the tires were like Swiss cheese and could not be repaired.

I'm now on my third set of Yokohama Geolander HT-S tires. I've taken them on the same hunt and they perform well on both paved and gravel roads (no constant flats), but they still can barely top 30,000 mi, despite their 60,000 mi. warranty--and that's 95% plus driving on paved highways. At least the last time I had the sense to ask for the pro-rated warranty credit. Even though America's Tire tracks all my purchases and mileage, they won't offer it, even if you bitch about crappy tire life. You have to ask for the warranty credit explicitly.

I have nearly 140,000 on my Ram 1500, but I'll probably be buying at least another set or two for it. Maybe I'll try Cooper tires next time.

Old 12-28-2014, 08:10 PM
sunburst08
Rookie
Default tires

i have the discount tire brand of the falken wild peak in factory size 275/60-20's. it's on a 2wd and though for two years they have been great in both wet and dry traction as well as some of the quitest tires i've owned they are wearing a little faster than i would like. so other than wear i have no complaints...would buy again but i think i'm going to try the conti lx's i've seen on line next time.

Quick Reply: Tires (brands)